cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Blue Drips with two tone notification interrupting shows

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Watch both Hulu show & a cable TV show, two weeks after buying Samsung Q80T 65", getting a 2 Tone notification with blue drips appearing in center of screen and then flashing a blue line circling the edge of the screen counter-clockwise.  This happens randomly through out the shows.  I have called customer service who had me test picture, (no problem detected), reset the picture settings, turned off notifications, confirmed accessibility features were turned off, and still it happened again.  Reached back to customer support & told I could do a tv reset but then I have to set up all apps all over again.  Surely, there must be a fix that isn't reset & start over (and hope it fixes the problem).  This has to be a Samsung software problem as it impacts both cable & streaming apps.  Can anyone help?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Blue Drips with two tone notification interrupting shows

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I did figure out the blue line circling the tv and ending in blue splash/drips is the Samsung Smart View notification that appears when you tap an Android phone on the upper right corner over the TV to share your Phone screen on TV (PIP).

However, still do not know why it was randomly activating the notification with phone just sitting in the same room.  I have "turned off" the Smart View feature in my phone as a temporary solution but still don't know what the real issue is.  So far after 2 days, no random interruptions.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How often are you seeing this on the television?  Is it coming in intervals or at random times?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also,  would you happen to have any set top boxes or anything connected to the television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Spectrum cable box attached via hdmi.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As well as an Apple TV  & Samsung Blu-ray (both not powered on when it happened) and an Nintendo Switch (out of the dock).

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems to be completely random.  It might happen 3 times 20 seconds apart then go for more than an hour before it pops back up.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Follow-up... disconnected all sources except internet (hard wired) and it still occurred after hard reboot/restore from samsung cloud on both Hulu app & later on Spectrum cable when reattached.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting.  Could you send me a private message with the full model of your television? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I did figure out the blue line circling the tv and ending in blue splash/drips is the Samsung Smart View notification that appears when you tap an Android phone on the upper right corner over the TV to share your Phone screen on TV (PIP).

However, still do not know why it was randomly activating the notification with phone just sitting in the same room.  I have "turned off" the Smart View feature in my phone as a temporary solution but still don't know what the real issue is.  So far after 2 days, no random interruptions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any updates on a fix to this? I'm having the same issue.