1- Go to Samsung service menu
2- Go to [Option]>MRT Option>
3- in [MRT Option] change the following tab to 0
4- Set [ECO Sensor] > 0
5- Set [Locak Dimming]> 0
6- Turn off the TV

I upload a video to show how it's done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCdX7gKTmHA

Solved: Samsung Smart TV light change when subtitle show Follow the following steps if your Samsung screen becomes noticeably brighter whenever subtitles are present on screen. 1- Go to Samsung service menu 2- Go to Option then MRT Option 3- in MRT Option change the following tab to 0 4- Set ECO ...
userCQFwXdwBtX
Constellation

Re: Brightness changes with subtitles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have someone tested what are the settings I need to change if I own 8005 model?

TalatPasha
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungHeath Mine is 1202. Should I install the 1251 with usb?

userI6OL6KL0Ju
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It’s crazy that in such a premium tv, “an OLED killer” one there is this issue. 

I was thinking to return my Q7FN and pay the extra for Q9FN, but now that you say you have it as well this is becoming a joke. 

Samsung - the case is very simple, dark room, dark scene and subtitles on. You will see the screen getting seriously brighter when subtitles are displayed and then darker when they are off. Crazy. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have there been any changes to Picture settings? For testing purposes, can you reset the Picture to the factory settings? To do this follow the directions in the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJHRNiUEfei
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey. Thanks for your answer
I reseted it. The problem persists
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has the TV's brightness always changed when the subtitles are turned on? Also, have you tried replacing the HDMI cables for the TV? It is possible a defective cable is causing the symptom. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUNfnnKCii5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HDMI cable isn't the problem, as this happens with all sources, including apps in the Samsung TV app store (Netflix, Prime Video, Youtube) and same apps on the PS4. It definitely is an issue with the firmware.

Highlighted
userJHRNiUEfei
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

There is not a HDMI cable problem because I have this problem with all the content, especially with HDR content via usb with the internal mediaplayer, netflix, youtube...

userI6OL6KL0Ju
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, please treat this with a priority. This issue is being reported in every Samsung/QLED forum I visited, formal and informal. It is related to the Local Dimming implemetation and has nothing to do with the source/cables or anything else.