cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Brightness changes with subtitles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve also seen this issue on the Q9FN. I always have subtitles on. I’m hoping the new 2019 QLED will remove this issue. 

For now this answer on Twitter is interesting. It seems (as most people are aware) the subtitles are displayed at maximum brightness on the tvs native app. Causing the issue. Games consoles scale down the brightness of the subtitles. Has anyone observed this? I’m interested if the issue is present on an amazon fire tv.

heres the link from twitter:

https://twitter.com/ricbit/status/1055501273913528320?s=21

https://twitter.com/josephsdrago/status/1055503289180028929?s=21

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone tried if the problem doesn't exist when playing Netflix HDR content with PS4 Pro?

I really want to buy Q7FN but I'm a little worried of the money being spent if this kind of problem occurs. 

Is it so, that the problem doesn't exist at all with Full HD content?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung sould let us turn off local dimming on their TVs. There is no reason for samsung to not let the customer make their own choices on how they want to enjoy their tv's, Sony and LG understand this simple little thing called an option, But apparently samsung hates giving their customers any choice! it is especially weird on a tv with horrible local dimming like the Q6FN to not give the option to turn it off. I was really looking forward to buying the new Q80 with it's new Ultra Viewing Angle feature, but if samsung is going to disrespect the deaf by not even bothering to test if their local dimming  feature interferes with subtitles or not. Then the fact that they have to much pride in their terribly functioning features to even extend their hand out to offer a way to turn it off for the deaf or even people who want to calibrate their tv's properly. If they don't fix it then I will not be buying a Samsung product for a long time.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I own a QE55Q6 a few days ago. I thought it was a problem of my device but I see that all the qled are afflicted by this bug. I read the whole thread and let me say that it is a shame that no moderator after months of discussion has intervened to clarify the position of samsung with reference to this problem that makes TV unusable for those like me that always uses subtitles. they could at least tell us if the issue is resolvable via firmware or not. I am sorry to say that I am deeply disappointed and that I will never buy samsung products in my life anymore.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would appreciate some Samsung representative to move forward and give us some info about this too...

Brand new 65Q9FNATXXC (updated firmware the first day).

Noticed the subtitle thing after a few mins whatching some content on netflix, at first I thoung is was a simple configuration issue, but after tweaking almost every option I did not manage to get rid of this..."brightness ampliffier subtitles".

Then I moved to google to search for the issue only to find bad news, lots of people with the same problem and samsung not making a move for several months, not even a workaround until this can be patched? (if it is ever patched....)

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need to know if the problem exist with Netflix Full HD content too? I can live without 4K movies if the TV is good otherwise. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
with netflix most of the stuff is only full hd and yes, also at that resolution the problem is there the same with prime video at any resolution and with hdr or not hdr material. especially when the scene is dark, the effect is grotesque. and this should be a premium television competing with oled.? and even worse, the fact that the samsung does not tell us if the thing is fixable or not via software. the only thing that a moderator managed to say in this thread is to check the hdmi plug... to a person that was using the smart hub application... It's crazy
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I solved the propbem.

1- Go to Samsung service menu
2- Go to [Option]>MRT Option>
3- in [MRT Option] change the following tab to 0
4- Set [ECO Sensor] > 0
5- Set [Locak Dimming]> 0
6- Turn off the TV

I upload a video to show how it's done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCdX7gKTmHA

@user37u1lW9Zgz wrote:

I have subtitles enabled on Netflix. 

The screen becomes noticeably brighter whenever subtitles are present on screen. When subtitles disappear, the screen brightness gets darker. 

This is very distracting while watching anything with dialogue and subtitles are on.

I have tried several different settings including changing the input from "Home Theater" to "PC," turned off all Eco Solution settings, tried all Local Dimming Settings (OFF is not an option).

I have already contacted customer service. They claimed this was the first issue like this they have ever heard of, which I find difficult to believe.

Solved: Samsung Smart TV light change when subtitle show Follow the following steps if your Samsung screen becomes noticeably brighter whenever subtitles are...
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi thank you for the tip,

4- Set [ECO Sensor] > 0
5- Set [Local Dimming]> 0

Didn't change anything for me, but setting the Local Dimming > 2 and leaving the ECO Sensor to 1 seems to have fixed the issue.

Now i'm not sure what is going on, the local dimming option has been removed from the menu, and I'm confused in the TV is bright enough now or not.

None the less it's a step forward i hope, or just a placebo effect.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had 0 for two tv and it worked for me maybe every tv is diffrent,
Do u mind if I used your comment in my video description?