cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Brightness changes with subtitles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think at least they can allow users to fully disable local dimming and ECO sensor via standard menu instead of using service menu.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thing is that when you disable local dimming from the service menu you fully lose control of the Backlight and the screen remains extremely dark, which of course cannot count even as a partial solution.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also tried another thing found in the avs and av forums, 

But ofc without any change.

Even combination like turning off local dimming from the service menu, but again no change.

This has been by far the worst experience of paying so much money and getting really dissapointent, but ok it's a lesson for next time not to buy a samsung TV.

1. Change PWM_INI_2D from 15 to 100
  2. Change PWM_MOVIE_INI from 30 to 100

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-global-dimming-game-mode-fix.2170862/page-2#post-26944397

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel absolutely flabbergasted at Samsung for not letting us turn off local dimming, even after all this time has passed of people experiencing problems with local dimming, they still restrict their customers from choosing how they want to enjoy their tv. I originally was set on buying a Samsung Qled tv, but after finding out that you can’t do something so stupidly simple as turning off local dimming in the settings menu. I have decided to buy a Sony or LG tv this upcoming year instead since they respect their customers IQ a little more then Samsung does. I am eyeing the new X950G from Sony since they got their input lag down more this model and let you turn off local dimming problem free. Good luck to everyone else who are stuck having given tons of money to, quite honestly one of the most stupid company's I have dealt with in a very long time. Only smart thing Samsung has done is give such good input lag and freesync functionality for gamers, for that I applaud them.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same for me, just noticed it while watching daredevil. Am probably going to return it since a fix hasnt been made in all these months. 

Its a shame that Samsung hasnt come with a fix. Lost my trust in Samsung products.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The temporary option, that works for me was to downgrade my Netflix plan to FULLHD only .... Daredevil is watchable with transparent subs (the constant dimming didn't go away fully, but it is not that mind-boggling).

It would be really funny Netflix sues Samsung for this : D 

What I am really sure about, I will never buy anything from Samsung in the future, and I am letting every single influencer in my country to address Samsung's behavior about this disgusting customer treatment.

I mean come on, I work as a product manager in an SVOD company ... when the customer care address a big issue, I am putting all of my engineers to work and we deploy fix the NEXT WEEK (if it is a big issue it is a month TOPs). But I guess that is because we as a company trully care about our customers ... total opposite from Samsung, which is just a nasty cash grab type of company where "problems doesn't exist" .... I haven't seen ANY single OFFICIAL acknowledgment about this issue from Samsung as of yet ... so all of you hoping this will be addressed in the next firmware update might be really dissapointed.

I will gladly be mistaken about my statement, but I rather stay realistic about it and don't get my hopes up lol. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Just got a new q7fn and same here. brightness is driving me crazy every time that the subtitles comes up. tried a few setting and got it to the minimum that possible but it is still very visible in dark scense.

I cant believe that promblem like this exists in the so called "high end" series. this is the very basic of watching television! How can samsung release a TV with a problem like this!?

I also cant believe that there is no official statement from samsung about this! Is it all just to sell?

I wish I had read this thread before I bought it. I will try to return it and get maybe LG.

problems could happen and even basic problem like this, but the lack of support and response from samsung is a shame and unbearable !!!

UPDATE: samsung service came to my house to see the problem. they said that "it is a known issue and there is nothing to do about this. it is like this in all the qled series."

bye bye samsung hope not to see you or poor "high end" tv's again!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Q7FN here. It's the first time I'm so disappointed with a tech product, mostly because Samsung just don't give a ****.

Never againg giving money away to them.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Q7FN 55in, Finland here. Same issue.

I only noticed it watching Netflix in a dark room but now it is driving me nuts. No setting changes make any difference.

Video when watching The OA on Netflix: https://youtu.be/MzQD7sy7e1w

Very annoying brightness issue especially prevalent with Netflix, when watching a program that has dark scenes. Local dimming keeps pushing the brightness up...
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys. Same here in France with Q7FN.

Samsung technician came to fix some other problems I had on my tv. He was freaking nice and we talked a lot about various stuff dealing with the tv.

I asked him for this problem and he told me it's impossible for Samsung to fix it even with a firmware update.

He explained to me how QLED light is working with the local dimming, saying that the light control came from the down of the tv and that's why there are some issues with subtitles. It's about the construction of the tv, not something that an update can fix unfortunately...

I was really disappointed, watching all my movies and series in english with subtitles.

Anyway, I think it's useless to keep asking Samsung. You can change tv for those who still can if you want, but I understand that many of us are really pis* off about this for a new age smart tv.

I'm even sad to say that to all of you guys, but I think we will never see any change about it, even if we are millions to ask...