cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservXsktfaSRk
Constellation

Re: Brightness changes with subtitles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I have the Q6FN in Brazil and the problem isn't with just subtitles, any layer above the screen changes the brightness, even a bright object in a scene is changing it too!

It's not just Netflix, or full screen, I've tested all source, resolution and possible formats and the problem remains.

I called the customer service and the Samsung technician said that isn't a defect, well, what is it but a defect?

I'm very unsatisfied with this, I'm trying to call another technician to report the problem...

It's even worse here, everything is expensive, the TV was in a promotion for 7000BRL and the minimum salary here is almost 1000. It's very expensive to have problems like this...

Please, Samsung, give us some idea what's is going on!

Obs: my English is not so good yet, sorry for that...

userMmLA4gcTCo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is possibly the most annoying about this is that you CAN disable local dimming in the service menu, but this COMPLETELY LOCKS OUT ALL ACCESS TO THE BACKLIGHT. So while the screen no longer randomly dims and brightens, it's just perpetually dull. You really have to strain your eyes to see, particularly in already darker HDR.

This is totally unacceptable. Why has Samsung not addressed this? The PC mode (as in, when you setup an HDMI source as a PC) does not have any local dimming AND allows you to change the backlight. Why is this not an option across the TV? At this point, I will accept non-deep blacks just so I can have a uniform experience. Christ sake, I had to return my previous TCL TV because its software was unable to disable motion smoothing, and TCL had no interest in fixing it. So I decided to spent $600 more on a well reviewed Samsung, but alas, I'm now forced to return it because its local dimming cannot be switched off, and it looks like Samsung also does not care.

This is already a software that exists. You have that functionality in your PC mode. PLEASE push out a firmware that actually fixes this. This is NOT a user issue. It is NOT an app/source specific issue. It is a GLOBAL issue which is present on every single TV in this range. A firmware update is mandatory.

userXppU7DK2xr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Helloo,

i have the 55" NU8049 /germany) and the problem is also there..

TalatPasha
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I totally agree with your every single word.
TalatPasha
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree with your every single word.

uservXsktfaSRk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another Samsung's technician came to my house again. He saw the problem, record a scene with his cellphone e told that he'll show for the Samsung crew and they will create a software that might fix the problem. I told him that is a worldwide problem, but he just asked me to wait a little, because they will try everything to fix it...

At least he has knowledge and is very polite.

I will let you guys know when I have recent news.

Amenalien
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Saw it in on my Q7FN today playing Ratchet & Clank in PS4. Very annoying. People are trying their best to make games immersive and then you have the TV ruining it. What is that?? Get a grip Samsung, should I go back to my old tv to have a proper gaming experience?

user4nQi7DROsJ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are right, the letterbox thingy works only with Plex. With netflix and other apps it does the "stroboscope" effect whether the pilllarboxes are present or not.

When I think about the "dimming" feature, it reminds me of the torture technique they use in Guantanamo. Where they put a prisoner inside a dark room and randomly starts stroboscope to make the people crazy .... and here goes Samsung using it as a super-duper feature that cannot be turned off. 

userDtFZAy5Lpa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Norway, 55" Q6FN here, same exact problem. Brightness goes up and down alot and is extra visible with subtitles. The people in the store and the people who came and installed it said nothing. How can they not know?

Is there really not a fix yet? This thread had been going for what, three months? 

Have to return the TV if there won't be a fix fast. Luckily I have alot of time left before I have to return... With abit of luck there is a fix before then... 

useroqh0FdjdKO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"How can they not know"?  Oh, they know for sure. Samsung knows, Netflix knows and the local shop knows. But they can not admit it. Why? Because then they will not sell so much Qleds, thats why