cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userz1mVnvdTgX
Constellation

Re: Brightness changes with subtitles

Saw it in on my Q7FN today playing Ratchet & Clank in PS4. Very annoying. People are trying their best to make games immersive and then you have the TV ruining it. What is that?? Get a grip Samsung, should I go back to my old tv to have a proper gaming experience?

user4nQi7DROsJ
Constellation

You are right, the letterbox thingy works only with Plex. With netflix and other apps it does the "stroboscope" effect whether the pilllarboxes are present or not.

When I think about the "dimming" feature, it reminds me of the torture technique they use in Guantanamo. Where they put a prisoner inside a dark room and randomly starts stroboscope to make the people crazy .... and here goes Samsung using it as a super-duper feature that cannot be turned off. 

userDtFZAy5Lpa
Constellation

Norway, 55" Q6FN here, same exact problem. Brightness goes up and down alot and is extra visible with subtitles. The people in the store and the people who came and installed it said nothing. How can they not know?

Is there really not a fix yet? This thread had been going for what, three months? 

Have to return the TV if there won't be a fix fast. Luckily I have alot of time left before I have to return... With abit of luck there is a fix before then... 

useroqh0FdjdKO
Constellation

"How can they not know"?  Oh, they know for sure. Samsung knows, Netflix knows and the local shop knows. But they can not admit it. Why? Because then they will not sell so much Qleds, thats why

userqtVYEY6xTS
Constellation

Same here from Spain with a 55'' Q6FN. A moderator from the Spanish Samsung community said that this would be fixed with a new firmware update. That was more than one month ago... Fingers crossed 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Cambios-en-el-brillo-de-toda-la-pantalla-con-los-...

useroqh0FdjdKO
Constellation

By the way. I did own an Samsung QQLED 65 FN. I was blowned away by the picture quality in 4 K content. I could watch youtube videos in 4K all evening.  Then I watched Netlix and saw the white blooming around the subtitles. 

Normal content i SD was very good. 

Sports was terrible.  Dirty Screen effect specially in wintersports and soccer.

Then I bought an LG 65 C8. Much better watching sports. No DSE. Normal SD fine, but not so upscaled as in the Qled.

Netlix ok, but I was not blowned away. Its like the 4 k content is not 4k, but HD. I havent watched so much Netflix, becautse its just normal.

Another thing. The tv stand on the Oled is reflecting from the panel. Very ennoying.

userPhSbphAL87
Constellation

I have the same problem on my QLED 55" Q7FN, this triggers me so much, the TV is unwatchable for me.. I really hope they fix this problem

userHtufRG3Lvu
Constellation

Just bought the QE55Q6FNATXZG and immediately I noticed this annoying issue. 

I can't believe that this is happening in 2019 with such a big company, and after so many similar reports accross the internet, they do nothing to resolve this. TV is completely unwatchable, will see if it's possible to return it here for LG/Sony.

userLi2FrcdO3q
Constellation

Same thing happening with my 65" Q6FN 2018 here in Ireland. I normally watch a lot of bright content, but on the occasion when I watch a moody movie, TV show or scary game I really notice this issue. Subtitles in particular throw the brightness off the most freqeuntly but it could be any bright object that moves in and out of the scene, like a streetlight behind an actor. Its dreadful to witness and made me realise I chose this TV based on excelent lab based performance rather than real world usage. Kinda like a dieselgate situation I guess. 

userH7qDEgU18b
Constellation

And on an NU8000, and not only with subtitles. Any bright object on screen causes the entire display to brighten. Character is standing in front of a window and moves away? Brighter screen. Character drags on a cigarette? Brighter screen. It is so obvious I can't believe anyone at Samsung thinks it’s acceptable. Here’s hoping for an update.