cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9an7FpiCKJ
Constellation

Re: Brightness changes with subtitles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Q7F has already a 1261 firmware version and the issue is still there.

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to "fix" it as it will never happen.

Too sad that your new $$$ tv is plain and simple annoying to watch and provides worse experience than a $300 clearance 4k led tv.

Just resell your QLED, buy another brand and never ever buy Samsung again. Then you guys will finally be happy and enjoy the 4K/HDR as you really should.

user9an7FpiCKJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user2EPqcaMyjN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys, it cant be fixed in the q7fn! no matter what you will write or ask from samsung. The tv is edge lit so no effective local dimming can be done. It can only dimm large vertical (from top to bottom) parts of the screen so there will never be a local dimming at this model. The only option the solve this is to turn it off, but samsung is not letting you do it.

I just returned my tv back and going to buy a FALD tv with a real local dimming (not samsung :-)).

Good luck to you all!

user4nQi7DROsJ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just watched this review of Q60R yesterday .... it is a QLED, and guess what?! No local dimming whatsoever : D 

I mean it is true this TV has a very high native contrast, but whatever. 

Just want to say this is yet another FU message from SAMSUNG to us "stupid customers", who bought their more expensive models Smiley Happy Way to go, Samsung, way to go ...

user2EPqcaMyjN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are so right. No local dimming in 2019 edge lit models. Samsung has learned their lesson on our expense. You should be smart enough to understand what it means.

Vendrell
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just did the update 1251 on my Q6FN.

Something changed, blacks became greyish but my parameters stayed the same. 

I had really good blacks with the brightness to 0, but not anymore. Had to put it to -3 to have my deep blacks back as I had before the firmware.

I will make some tests on dark scenes with subs later, but something on the brightness definitly changed.

Edit : Ok guys, just checked the parts of GOT that local dimming killed when I watched it yesterday, and it's MUCH better after the firmware update. There is still local dimming but really low compared to what I had before. Not totally fixed but finally something really better.

I can post my parameters here if it can help, but I think it depends of the taste of each of us. I like deep blacks and colorfull picture.

userUzwCEepY75
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you perform a soft reset??? it may help with issues like this, It worked for my with previous frmwares, I can't test it woth 1251 beause it haven't releaed for my region yet

userVbRBP2vvLG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing for me as i posted before, there is improvement!

Vendrell
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is my Standard setup for my 55Q6FN as I watch my movies and cable in my living room with some natural light or some lamps on. It's not a Cinema setup for a dark place.

(In the menu order)

All sources

Auto

Auto

Low

Low

No HDR+

Disabled

Standard

Bt1886

Disabled

Native

With those settings, local dimming have a less affect with subtitles on dark scenes (much better than before even if it's still there) and you can enjoy a colorfull picture, deep blacks and soft whites (without burning).

Hope it can help some of you guys. Not 100% perfect for local dimming, but still, improvement is here for sure.

Sorry for my english language, I'm french so there are maybe some mistakes in translation or grammar.

userqlUcrRqdRM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where can I get the latest update for nu8000? All there is in the Samsung website is 1202.