cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUNfnnKCii5
Asteroid

Re: Brightness changes with subtitles

Semi transparent subtitles on Netflix help a bit with HDR content, but it does not fix the problem. I've used that trick and the fluctuating brightness still bothers me. And you have to switch back to normal subtitles with SDR content or the subtitles are almost invisible and the Netflix app on TV doesn't apply the change right away. It's cumbersome. And this only works with Netflix. So while a good tip to make the situation a bit better, it's NOT a solution. A premium TV should work properly without tinkering. I think only Samsung can provide a solution in a form of a fixed firmware.

userI6OL6KL0Ju
Constellation

Only issue is that some languages subtitiles appearence cannot be customized (e.g. Hebrew). This is a major major issue.

userDfZJmJKL3x
Constellation

Hi everyone,

I just got a Samsung Nu8000 and I have the same problem with the subtitles on Netflix, it's very noticeable and really frustrating. I changed all the setting for an hour, but the problem is still there. If Samsung is not gonna fix the problem, I'm gonna return the TV.

I can't watch something with the brightness changing every 2 seconds, what kind of bologna is that? I hope we will get an answer soon.

user3WsSVVd9De
Constellation

I just bought two q8 (55" & 75") because of all the great reviews. Set up the 55" and found this problem with the subtitles immediately.  As soon as I went to the internet I found it is a common problem. I guess I will return them both as nothing on this thread indicates that there is a solution or one coming. Such a hassle and something that should be in reviews and in Samsung's own literature. This would have been a deal killer for sure, now everyone is inconvenienced having to return it.

userYqNVBqwweO
Constellation

I have just bought an new 75" Q7FN 2018 and notice this problem directly. Very frustrating when spending so much money on a "high quality" TV. Disappointed!

Swede
Constellation

Hey! 

I got my Q9FN this weekend and like you guys saw this unbeliveble annoying issue. How on earth can a premium TV like this have this sort of problem? 

Samsung, I really really hope that you take this problem seriously and fix it within the next firmware update.  

Swede
Constellation

Also, how can not more users complain about this? We cannot be the only one with this problem? Or at least thinks that it is a problem. 

bjornengqvist
Constellation

I have the same issue on a 55 inch Q6FN. And as most people have pointed out, it shows the most in Netflix HDR. Like Daredevil.

There have to be a way to fix this in software? To "lock" the brightness of the TV somehow?
MarcmarkS
Constellation

I received a Q6FN recently, and it was okay, until I started watching Ozark...

Unfortunately, this flash blinks between light and dark in dark scenes (subtitles ON-OFF), ruining any experience of these contents.

userYqNVBqwweO
Constellation

I find a "fix" for my Netflix problem by changing the white subtitle to half transparent. After that change the subtitle was more grey and did not effect the dimming. Now I'm happy again 😀