cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swede
Constellation

Re: Brightness changes with subtitles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys. Have the same problem as i have said before. 

Do do you experience the same issue on other sources? Like, other streaming platforms or Xbox or so? 

On HBO for example it is not that big problem, is it because of their subtitles or is it because it’s not that good 4K/hdr quality?

Anzac_Sonata
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So unfortunate to be hearing about these dimming issues on these televisions; my NU8000, which is the step just before getting into the QLEDs, exhibits HORRENDOUS flashlighting/blooming/dimming when watching in a dark room, and it's almost to the point of being intolerable...however, I learned only AFTER I purchased this set that edge-lit designs is what makes these issues worse, and I'll tell you this -- I'll NEVER buy an edge-lit LED again.

But the QLEDs don't use edge-lit designs, do they? The fact that these units are exhibiting terrible dimming and blooming without utilizing an edge-lit protocol is a bit offputting...

soubhi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my recently purchased Q65fn 55 inch, it's really annoying when watching movies thru a USB thumb drive or Netflix. SAMSUNG you should know how expensive these TVs are..., start looking into a solution...

userj3MttMm3au
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my brand new NU8500. And the other issue that i have is with the color of the subtitles, watching Man of Steel, BvS and Braveheart (the three in 4K) in dark scenes are grey, in scenes with ambient light like the moon or an explosion are white. Unveliable, Samsung. 

userZIMu10NYY8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this problem on my reacently bought 65 " q7fn and it is very annoying. Hope this will be fixed with a firmware update. I did not excpect these kind of problems because this should be a premium television. 

geanpp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same problem here!!!!!

Q7FN 55 pol.

There is no apparent solution!

Hey Samsung could you please answer if we all sould return our devices or will be, at very least, a mitigation for this problem? 

userb38kkyPS6s
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup same problem here I’m using Apple TV 4K as my main media stream. I was using the one site apps Netflix etc. And still same issue. This is my second tv. Different panel FA02 great panel. Algorithm isn’t good if that’s the case I’m in Canada and we only have firmware 1153.3 there’s a new firmware update 12 something but I can’t get it yet. Tv says I have the updated firmware. Even tried USB download. 

useraS1jP3UkV7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Put in Netflix configuration the subtitles in semitransparent.  for the moment its the only solution for that problem.

userj3MttMm3au
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It works for Netflix only; for 4k movies via 4k player and for the owners of Xbox One / Nintendo Switch games it doesn't work, the color of the subtitles changes from white to grey depending on the image or colors on the screen and it's very annoying. And Samsung remains silent. 

userKv38IgHwuD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here Smiley Sad 

55" Class Q7F QLED 4K TV