cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Bug report: Art Mode and manage-storage trouble

TV is wired up and it physically works fine. I can show HDMI content without issue. 'Hub' TV channels play, network wiring is solid.

Firmware: Updated via USB to latest May 2020 version T-NKMAKUC-1115.5.

BUG/ISSUE:

Art Mode: Neither from the iOS mobile app (Smart Things) nor from the TV's own UI using the remote can I change which piece of art is being shown within the TV's Art Mode. I can navigate the curated and 'favorites' art pieces, but upon choosing 'Set' for any piece of art from any menu except the 'Recents' menu, the screen flickers once and then reverts back to the choose-art UI. In the iOS mobile Smart Things app, upon choosing a piece of art and pressing 'Set' the UI shows "Setting image on The Frame..." for a few moments while the TV flickers once, and then an error: "Temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

It appears to me like the Art Mode 'app' on the TV needs to be reset, cache-cleared, or reinstalled, but I cannot locate how to perform any of the above. I am loath to have to perform a full Smart Hub reset…

I believe the issue precipitated from my using the Smart Things iOS app to upload images into my Art Mode > My Collection > My Photos, where upon uploading 48 images from my iPhone the TV reported errors related to having full storage. It is at this point the Art Mode "Set" issue (cannot change art) started presenting itself. I looked in Settings > Support > Device Care > Manage Storage and saw only 70MB of free storage, but I could not address the issue from this view. I subsequently removed all the uploaded My Photos, but the storage situation still showed only 142MB free and the 'Set' art problem persisted.

Resetting the Smart Hub resolved the issue, at the great expense of time lost having to set up the TV again from the beginning, at least an hour of work for a diligent TV owner. Settings > Support > Device Care > Manage Storage: went from 3.6GB used and 142MB free, to  3GB used, 770MB free.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Bug report: Art Mode and manage-storage trouble

Morning. 

I have the same issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same issue! I'm regretting this purchase!

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue, a fix is desperately neeeded Samsung. It just happened out of the blue for me. A long and tedious process resetting and installing everything again. Very frustrating not being able to use the tv for  one if it's main selling points.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue. I triggered the problem by browsing the catalogue of art and trying different peices out. As I opted for the free first month of the art mode subscription, it was supposed to be all you can eat, so happily activated many paintings I wasn't really interested in, just to try them out.

After 20 or so different artworks, I couldn't change it anymore. This thread helped me identify the cause but now I'm stuck in a dead end.

3% storage left (122.79 MB) and no way of reclaiming used up storage meaning I'm stuck with the paintings I have already downloaded to local storage as new ones can't fit.

Samsung needs to fix this ASAP. Not what you expect from a $3000 TV set and its flagship feature.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

When I hit the same issue I performed a hard factorty reset and updated the TV's firmware to May 2020 version T-NKMAKUC-1115.5. That update required using the USB process, as the online auto-update didn't acknowledge the 1115.5 version as available for some reason. I have not had problems with art-storage since then. Truely disapointing that a TV can have one of its major selling features semi-bricked by enthusiastic use. But there is the out via hard reset, albeit it then takes a long time to set up the TV anew afterward. Sad all around really.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, I'm in an endless loop with the Smartthings app.  I have reset and updated software.  When I try and upload a photo from my phone I get the message, "Art mode - Temporaily unavailable. Please try again later."  I'd like to try the May 2020 firmware update.  What's the process to get it onto a USB and installed?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

It is just a travesty that Samsung leaves its customers to this organic community model in order for you to reveice the reasonable support you need. Here you go though, from your local friends random person on the Internet:

Go to this link and then navigate to your particular model of TV:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

On the resulting Product-Support page you should see a Firmware section, with the option to download the file. Using a PC, download that file and put that at the base directory of a USB key (thumbdrive). Pop that thumbdrive into the front of your TV's OneConnect box, and then using your remote control navigate your TV's on-screen menus to Settings > Support > Software Upodate, where you should see an option to update from the connected USB drive. Good luck!

(I just noticed an update from ver1115.5 to ver1301.5, available from only four days ago, which is not being seen yet in the TV's own auto-update option. Will have to consider another update)

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thank you random person for helping me! I had the same problem and this fixed it.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.