Original topic:

Buyer beware - 2020 QLED eARC / LPCM issues

(Topic created on: 4/24/21 2:08 PM)
userw2AUVAvFWa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Be warned, the 2020 QLED TVs do not support uncompressed LPCM audio as advertised via eARC.

There are numerous threads complaining about this issue and Samsung has yet to respond.

This is a huge problem if you are planning to use a PS5 or Xbox Series X.  You cannot pass high quality audio back to your AVR or Soundbar (via eARC port 3)while going directly into the TV (port 4 HDMI 2.1) to use 4k 120hz.  All you will get is PCM 2.0 (stereo) or compressed DD using bitstream.

LG and Sony sets do not have this problem.  Samsung remains quiet.

userw2AUVAvFWa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung, any updates???

0 Likes
userXapNwms3YB
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm having the same issue -- no LPCM passthrough.  This is the last straw for me, I will not be buying from Samsung again.  I'm selling my Q90T to help purchase a new Bravia from Sony.

0 Likes
ED1Zx
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I talked to Samsung today and they told me that they have an update ready to fix the issue. For Q60T to Q95T. He also send me a email containing a link to download the update but I couldn't reach the website. So if anyone wants to try to download the update. This is the link I got: https://samsungcms.samsung.de/administrator/index.php?option=com_kbase&view=content&layout=edit&id=5... 

0 Likes
RyanBlakeIT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

@ED1Zx The link they provided is an internal one for Samsung corporate use that isn't publicly available.  Could you please reach back out to your contact and see if they can publish it to a public website and verify this by using a computer not tied to their corporate equipment and make sure they can download it?

Ryan Blake
Information Technology Management Professional (15+ years)
QN75Q80TAF QLED TV & Q900T Soundbar
ED1Zx
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Thanks for the info! I will try to contact the same person and try to get a publicly available download link. 

userocuHbP7bON
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hey, do you have the link? thanks!

0 Likes
RyanBlakeIT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

@ED1Zx Were you able to get the publicly available link?

Ryan Blake
Information Technology Management Professional (15+ years)
QN75Q80TAF QLED TV & Q900T Soundbar
0 Likes
ED1Zx
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_SE&OriginYN=N&Model...

Sry just got it today after countless emails. I hope this fixes it and isnt just a lie.

Software version 2010.3

0 Likes
userocuHbP7bON
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Thanks for sharing.

I can confirm that it doesn't fix the lpcm passthrough issues on q800t at least.

What a shame Samsung...

0 Likes
ED1Zx
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Whats your exact setup ? Samsung support specifically told me that the Samsung HW Q800T Soundbar doesnt support 5.1 PCM over eARC. Just over the HDMI IN. Or are you talking about the Q800T TV ? 

0 Likes