cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Cable box turns off when Tv turned on

When i turn my new Samsung Q80T TV off and wait a little bit (unsure the time) and then turn it back on, it turns off my Spectrum cable box. 

How do i stop the Spectrum box from turning off when i turn my tv back on?

When i turn the tv off, the box stays on. it's when i turn the tv back on that the cable box turns off.

This is VERY annoying, as it restarts the box, starts it from channel 1, and creates even more lag getting the tv set up when turned on.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cable box turns off when Tv turned on

I'm, sorry to hear that, how do you have the cable box connected? Also have you tried to turn anynet+ off? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm not sure what anynet+ is nor how i would turn it off.

I have my cable box (Arris), Spectrum, connected directly to the tv with an HDMI cable, in port 1.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Press the Home button your TV remote, and then navigate to and select Settings > General. Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it off. If it is turned on and it should stop that. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

when i turn it off, that removes my Samsung Soundbar speaker, also connected via HDMI, from my options. 

I believe sound is better when the soundbar is connected directly vs bluetooth, which is why i have it set up that way.

any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The next step would be to proceed with service. You can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/