Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Cannot Remove streaks from 82" Samsung 8k Q900 Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Recently I purchased a 82" Samsung 8k Q900. I love the TV! Amazing! However, when handling the TV and wall mounting there were finger prints and smudges left behind. For the life of me, I cannot remove the finger prints. I tried a microfiber cloth but the finger prints and smudges will not come off. I have tried an Monster screen cleaner that I used for years but all that did was leave more streaks across my screen. I contacted Samsung and they said I could use a microfiber cloth dampended with water but that, again, only left streaks. Samsung said I could add a drop of dish soap. Still just leaves streaks. What is with this anti glare screen? Does anyone else have this issue? Do you have a solution to remove these finger prints and streaks? It does not affect the TV when it's on - you cannot see them. When the TV is off you can see them pretty well and just looks dirty. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. I've run out of ideas and truly do not want to damage my screen. I have never seen a screen absorb finger prints so badly.

Thank you,

Steve

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Cannot Remove streaks from 82" Samsung 8k Q900 Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been using it on my Q9FN for the last 2 years and it hasn't removed any coating.  I don't spray a whole lot of it on there but it works great.  When I sold my last tv (Q7FM) , the guys who carried it out to their car got fingerprints all over it and the only thing that removed it was this cleaner.  You have to take the reviews people leave on Amazon with a grain of salt since I have a feeling people damaged their TV's some other way and then try to get compensated for it by claiming this or that cleaner damaged their tv, and truthfully, some people are just plain, well, you know, not very bright..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user893cxzr6mI 

Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Sorry to hear about this issue with the TV screen streaks!

Does this article help?

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/tv-audio-video/recommendation-for-cleaning-samsung-tv/

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!

Note: notification emails sent from this post are from a DO NOT REPLY address. You will need to login to the Samsung Community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not tried any of those methods a I was afraid of damaging the TV screen. I was hoping someone else had a similar issue and tried a method to solve the issue. If no one else has had a similar issue then I might try the vinegar and water hoping if doesn't continue to leave streaks. 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've always used a product from Amazon called Screen Mom.  It works great and it's never left streaks on any of my screens or damaged any of the coatings. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Screen-Cleaner-Kit-Computer-Microfiber/dp/B01054S5FM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have seen that. I might have to give it a try. I tried the vinegar and water technique but still didn't remove the streaks. The only good thing is that is didn't add more. It's so strange. I might try the screen mom product. At least I feel it won't damage the screen. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let me know how it goes @user893cxzr6mI !

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was reading a few reviews. Some said that it affected the anti glare on their screen. It slightly dissolved the face of the screen. I'm beginning to become very paranoid about using anything. I'm almost ready to live with the fingerprints but just doesn't seem right that they won't clean off. This is a 2019 model. Is there anything different about the anti glare coats on these sets from Samsung?

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been using it on my Q9FN for the last 2 years and it hasn't removed any coating.  I don't spray a whole lot of it on there but it works great.  When I sold my last tv (Q7FM) , the guys who carried it out to their car got fingerprints all over it and the only thing that removed it was this cleaner.  You have to take the reviews people leave on Amazon with a grain of salt since I have a feeling people damaged their TV's some other way and then try to get compensated for it by claiming this or that cleaner damaged their tv, and truthfully, some people are just plain, well, you know, not very bright..

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will give it a try! Thank you for the detailed answer. I really appreciate it. Yes. You just never know what to believe out there. Always want to keep my tv in great condition so i try and do plenty of research before using a product. Thanks again.