Original topic:

Cannot pause/FF/REW Playback from NAS

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 8:12 AM)
userU5wHCyc27u
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I've got a weird issue with my new Q90T. When I try to play a video file from my Western Digital NAS the video plays fine, but I am completely unable to pause/fast forward/rewind - the transport controls are completely unavailable to me. I found this out the hard way when we were 2hrs into a 2.5hr movie and accidentally hit stop. There's simply no way to fast forward to where we left off and I guess we'll never find out how that movie ended!

I've tested multiple different file formats, file sizes, resolutions, etc. - all files located on my NAS have the same issue - transport controls are unavailable.

Yesterday I copied a 4GB file onto a USB drive and plugged it directly into the Q90T - voila, transport controls fully available.

So...my NAS works fine. I can access the files and play them back without issues on my PS4 and my Q90T, but I cannot use transport controls from the Q90T. The TV is able to play video files without issue and with FULL transport control via USB. There MUST be a way to have access to transport controls when streaming from a NAS - I can't imagine this is what the default interface is meant to be like. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Anyone else experiencing this???

0 Likes
2 Replies
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Qled and Frame
use ftp with DLNA
0 Likes
userU5wHCyc27u
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

@TheGalaxy wrote:
use ftp with DLNA

I don't see an option for enabling this on my NAS's settings GUI, is this somewhere in the Settings for the Q90T? 

0 Likes