JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Art Mode not allowing new uploads

(Topic created: 11-20-2019 07:05 PM)
userp8Lzf0uXlz
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recently bought a The Frame 55. While the SmartThings app works fine to control the TV, I am unable to upload photos in Art Mode. The option is greyed out and I get an error message: "to use this function turn on the frame and make sure it is on the same network" or something to that effect. SmartView doesn't even see my TV.

I have try removing the TV from SmartThings and trying again, restarting the TV, changing WiFi networks, nothing works. I understand others have the same problem but I have yet to find a fix that works for me. It would be great if Samsung could provide a solution. Latest model Frame, with up to date firmware and using an iPhone. Thanks.

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for reaching out can I have your full model number and current firmware version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlH69sdmQHt
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have yhe same problem too, can somebody help?

user1vmHrUnvc4
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same problem. Ability to upload photos the the 2019 Frame via SmartThings app now gone after latest app release. Help! Message I get is "The photo failed to upload."

userRypeQubqva
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact same problems described in this thread.  I've used countless photo apps and KNOW that I am doing it right, as I've been able to get it to work a handful of times, like one out of 30 tries.  So frustrating.  Please help!  I bought this TV to be a photo gallery of my substantial digital art collection and personal photography collection.  What a bust!

nextgenmom
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same problem on my 49 inch frame. I did some research and basically it said to connect your image device… (ie. phone, flash drive, etc.) To the One Connect hub and the TV should detect it and go from there. I apologize that I cannot give you any more instructions from that point as I have yet to have time to do it.

0 Likes
userdeXjF851Si
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issue. I also am using an iPhone. Is there a solution you can point me to?

usernweAU0MGWO
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having the same issue. I have been on line chat and was first told that "we have tried to coordinate the TV's specification and it appears that for this model the only support function from the SmartThings were just like of the Smart View function or virtual remote for the TV. Art mode function were enabled for 2019 model onwards only. Apologies for this." Now my TV is only 2 years old so this is frnakly appaling on Samsungs part. They say on the old Samrt View app to use the art mode in the SmartThings app but then say there is no support! I was then told "We wanted to rephrase what we mentioned earlier, we can confirm that your TV is capable of Artmode we are certain with that. We sincerely apologise. In terms of uploading photos, we managed to coordinate this and this appears to be a restriction with Apple devices maybe due to the OS restriction. Due to this, the function to upload photos in Artmode appears to be working with Android devices only." Again, if I had known when buying a very expensive tv 2 years agao that it would not function using my apple device I would not have spent so mcuh on it. Samsung really need to sort this out. You can't make a key feature of a 2 year old tv obsolete!

usermck6F73FrL
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yeah. Same problem. I have five Samsung frame TVs and only the 2019 model ever works for that feature. The others (2020)work maybe 3% of the time. Completely absurd for such an expensive product. 

Samsung doesn't seem to care. Have called five times and received no resolution. 

userFCE8mu8TeD
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue.. everything worked fine at first then after a couple of weeks no access. I have tried evertingthing including factory reset and completely deleting all apps and settings with no help. There is also an issue with a network cable unplugged diol of box which is clearly a firmware issue... 

usera9bwnViVDI
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact same issue. I just bought a frame yesterday and it worked for maybe 30 minutes.  Now I get the error message although the other functions work