cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Cant upload photos to the SmartThings app. This makes this TV pointless!

So here I am so excited to get a new TV. And I absolutely love Samsung products. I splurged and got myself the frame TV. Which now I'm realizing is a completely pointless purchase. Had I known that it would require me to use an app to be able to put up any worthwhile artwork I never would have purchased this TV. I have spent two days talking with customer service and they all seem to be Clueless to any solutions. I have tried the app on three different devices, two of which are Samsung devices. All three have major glitches which don't allow me to upload any photos for the art mode. I have been told that I have to use the app to be able to upload any photos and yet the app won't work on any of my device. I was due for a new phone anyways so I went ahead and even purchased a new phone, a Google pixel 3. Once again, still completely incompatible. This is absolutely ridiculous. The very thing that this TV advertises being able to do it is not able to do so because of a bad app. The closest I've gotten to is to wear my TV and my phone completely see each other in the app and yet still it will not let me upload any photos, that option is completely grayed out. I see that there are many people complaining about this so you would think that they would actually care and fix this. Has anyone else found any solution to this? I have done everything correctly, I have even called Samsung multiple times to ensure that I was doing everything properly. And they just say that the app is either not compatible with my device, two of which are Samsung devices but a few years old, or that it is a glitch in the app. I cannot believe this, this is absolutely ridiculous!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Cant upload photos to the SmartThings app. This makes this TV pointless!

I've had a similar problem... although I can upload a picture about every 4th try. It's taken me 90 minutes to add 17 photos and I wanted to add 90. Also, even when I get them uploaded I don't have a choice on the border of the pictures. Absolute garbage tv hey. I've seen better functionality on a $20 no name digital picture frame.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Cannot believe we are alone here. Hubby wanted a bigger TV and I insisted on this one because of ambient mode and being able to upload our own photos. I have the same issue with you with my Apple series 8 phone. Furious. Should not advertise the feature if it doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Constellation

My phone HTC One Plus 5 cannot download my photos to the TV, it display a progress bar but then no picture is displayed except the default TV horrible black white picture