Original topic:

Choppy Video After Ad on YouTubeTV

(Topic created: 11-28-2020 07:45 PM)
usere4khrmamKC
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Recently I have been having issues with YouTubeTV playback after a commercial break.   This appears to only happen after the commercial is a "place holder" ad saying "we'll be right back."  Once the program resumes (and only after this kind of commercial break) the video is choppy and unwatchable.  I have to change the channel and go back to what I was watching.   This is extremely annoying.  Anyone else having this same issue with YouTubeTV?  I have a 65" Q70 TV.

14 Replies
userNpjECXxNDj
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Also having this issue. after every time there's a commercial break, especially the ones where they cut away from the channel and save the channel will be right back, it comes back with that jittery frame rate, when I look at the stats for nerds nothing has changed regarding the displayed resolution and refresh, so not sure why it's starting to jitter. I either have to change the channel or go back 15 seconds and play from there to get it to play right. I also have the issue where"Ad Info" stays on my screen again after the cutaways from the channel.

I have a 2019 Q60R 55"

0 Likes
usere4khrmamKC
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Exactly the same issue caused by these ads on YouTubeTV.   I'm not sure if this is a YouTubeTV or Samsung TV issue but I am searching for a solution.  It's making it hard to watch TV when this happens so frequently. 

user99eloR4eVd
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I’ve got the same problem . Is it a YouTube TV problem or a Samsung problem . I am sick of it . Thinking about going back to a spectrum cable box to see if it fixes the problem . Can’t enjoy watching my TV . What is the fix ? Somebody should know something !

0 Likes
userWEs9HAXKFr
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the same issue, but also between commercials sometimes.  This is only happening on Youtuve TV on my 65" Q70, no issues streaming Amazon Prime or Netflix.  No problems with Youtube TV on my other TVs including a Roku TV, LG TV, or an Amazon Firestick on my older Samsung.  I tried adjusting pictures settings (motion blur, judder reduction, etc) which did not help.  My stats for nerds look good, tried wifi and wired connection and doesn't matter.   Reinstalled Youtube TV app, no help.  I am going to plug my Amazon Firestick into it tonight and see it's still choppy.

usere4khrmamKC
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Thanks for responding and let me know how it goes with the Firestick.  I also do not have any issues with other TVs or streaming services, just YouTube TV on my Q70.  This also did not used to be the case and started occurring in the past 60 days or so.  My other Samsung TV is a 1080p "basic" TV and I do not have any issues (nor on other non Samsung TVs).

userloqjxqgKhe
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
same issue with my 8 series 65in. tv is updated and app is updated. rewinding 15 sec fixes it majority of the time.
usertqrb4ORQCz
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Same thing happening on my Q80 75 inch. Only happening with Youtube TV and on this TV. Glad I found this thread, waiting for a fix.

userloqjxqgKhe
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
it's been 2 months since someone replied from samsung(I think) hopefully they fix it! I love my YouTube TV
usere4khrmamKC
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I agree as this has not gone away on Q70. This continues to be an issue ONLY on YouTubeTV and my Q70.  Sports is a pain to watch after one of these YouTubeTV commercial breaks.