Original topic:

Constant clicking/popping noise from brand new Neo QLED

(Topic created: 06-21-2021 05:07 PM)
user7oJYDRggJI
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I hope someone can help. We purchased the QLED Neo 900A 65" 2021 model and ever since setting it up its made a contrast cracking popping sound when it's turned on

It's driving me nuts! Its connected to the 1 box. We've checked the cables are plugged in well and removed 1 at a time to check if the sound continues but it's coming from the actual TV. As soon as you remove the connecting cable to the TV from the one box it stops but that's also becuase the TV power is off as there's no other power supply to try it without the 1 box.

It doesn't happen when it remains plugged in and off. Just literally as soon as its on, its just consistent clicking. I know theres an expected amount of expansion/contraction but its odd it only happens when it's on and doesn't happen at any poiny during any cool down/power off. Its so distracting from the quality of the TV.

We had it boxed up for the 28 days return period as we wernt ready to unbox it until the our living room was sorted. It has 1 year warranty but we're being told this is normal. I believe there's something wrong with this TV and would like some advice on how to fix this? Or is this something to expect with this model? I wouldnt of paid this much money if I'd known it would crack all the time.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Angel_Emilio
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
Open it and try to see a video to see if it would help you
0 Likes
userjQXj3G3yl4
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

It's not normal. I have a 65" QN65Q90RAFXZA.  It's only 23 months old. The One Connect Box starting clicking about a week ago. It's clicks 3 or 4 times.  The LAN connection now, no longer works. The Wireless connection works; but, I expect it to soon fail. It takes about 10 seconds (now) for the TV to come on.  I (now) get the Samsung QLED startup screen...as though it's doing a Setup.

Here's the rub:  SAMSUNG no longer carries that One Connect Box, won't warranty it despite the myriad problems; and, even SAMSUNG Parts just cancelled my Order because SAMSUNG has none in Stock and won't manufacture any new One Connect Box for that TV.

I have 3 SAMSUNG TVs. Multiple Samsung Note 9, 10 and 20 phones, SAMSUNG laptop, etc. If your TV is under Warranty...send it back...NOW. Otherwise, you're out of luck; and, SAMSUNG doesn't care.

I had to find a One Connect Box in...Canada.

Hope this helps. Looking like my switch from Sony years ago was ill advised.

0 Likes