cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Coronas or inverse ghosting in 4k on a Q70r?

I also refunded my Q90R. I spent a week fighting with support to try and get them to pass the issue over to the engineers to attempt to replicate but it was utterly futile. I'm not convinced support are even able to contact the engineering team. I genuinely have no idea how legitimate issues can progress through to firmware fixes if users can't get issues seen by the technical team. This is your flagship 4K TV, you'd think they'd be keen to handle reports of issues (I had multiple sets, all were identical). Awful. Absolutely awful.

Not my video, another owner's, but this shows it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yvskef2h3k

I've made this video to show awareness of this issue. If you have the same issue on a Samsung Q90R, please leave a comment and contact Samsung to get the ...
Highlighted
Astronaut

Same with my Q70R, it’s been bugging me since I got it and at first thought it was game mode but narrowed it down the the freesync. If I turn the freesync off, the outlines are gone, but on ultimate it’s brutal. On basic the panel flickers nonstop.

On ultimate It’s almost like an old blue/red 3D movie effect except without the glasses.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ended up looking for a thread like this after noticing some trail on players and ball in a famous football game version by EA 20 on Xbox One X (4K-HDR-VRR). The issue goes away turning off FreeSync. Pretty dissapointed since I purchased this TV for the VRR capabilities for gaming. I guess I will have to return the unit to Samsung if this can't be fixed.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just want to add myself to the complaints. Do something with it Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

Holy biscuits! Finally found some others with the issue! I didnt know how to explain it. I just got "soccer" 20 and it's AWFUL. I could see it here and there on forza, but it's unbearable for "soccer" 20

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm sorry to find out so many people bug by this I have the same tv q70r I also got it because Freesync for my xbox one c pc etc even on ps4 pro the tv defaults to FreeSync although I don't see the issue there since ps4 doesn't work with that, ok I explain why you guys can't have any real answers or solutions for this issue, I have answer but not solution sorry it's not possible I didn't bother with it when you read the message about Freesync the tv itself warnings you it may introduce minor distortion to image quality or something like I don't remember very well sorry, I just saw I dislike it like you guys did, then I decided to keep it off on my xbox and only if I didn't care like in most competitive games we don't care image quality that much otherwise 240hz 1080p wouldn't exist , ok the answer why it is NOT possible to get rid off of this is simple, samsung VA panel technology is to blame, never buy a va monitor for freesync it's gonna flick too, solutions IPS or the qled with o, I fear if I named it I'll get ban lol, well I kept the tv like I said it's sad to have this issue but honestly this is the fastest tv I ever had motion looks faster or cleaner than my monitor running 144hz and the input lag also is the lowest I ever had just moving the mouse pointer with the same precision as using monitor is amazing, I used to have tvs supposedly to have less than 20ms input lag but this q70r since I tried it for the first time I noticed that immediately, gg

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm also seeing these issues on my Samsung QE55Q70R 2019 QLED TV (& These issues are happening with many Q70, Q80, Q85, (( Q90 FLAGSHIP TV HAHAHA )) too... Ghosting, inverse ghosting, coronas, weird 3d effect, duplicating, messed up contrast/colours, blur, temporary image retention (not sure of the correct term for it). I've owned it for around 1 month and noticed it after 1-2 weeks, at first I thought it was PUBG (Xbox One X), but it happens on every game & sometimes even youtube, netflix, amazon, now tv. Freesync seems to make it worse but it happens regardless of what settings are enabled or disabled. Samsung WHERE IS THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & PROMISED FIX????? FURIOUS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!

Highlighted
Constellation

All of them are VA panels they won't work different that panel technology is the problem

Same here with the q70r. COME ON SAMSUNG do something, I love this TV but the this problem should not exist. Load of people are buying your product for the gaming experience, make it work for your customers for godsake and don't bury your heads in the sand.

Highlighted
Constellation

They can't cuz freesync doesn't play well with VA panels