cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Coronas or inverse ghosting in 4k on a Q70r?

They can't cuz freesync doesn't play well with VA panels

Highlighted
Astronaut

So tru

Highlighted
Constellation

I got the exact same inverse ghosting problem. The picture looks awful with red and green coronas. For me it only happens in 120hz. It seems like overdrive is peaking here. 60hz looks OK. 
 I fixed most of this problem by going into the service menu and disable the blur reduction and auto motion plus. These are things I would never use anyway. Now I can play in 120hz and freesync and its looking quite OK. Some inverse ghosting are still there but its a lot better. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Oh. My. God. I spent  ton of my free time since December 2019 when i bought that worst TV experience for what i would describe as "a lot" for TV this level of quality. I tried all settings, all modes - everything. I asked on forums and got answer - deal with it. That is VA panel and is common issue. I was frustrated since my previous tv was with same type of panel and i had 0 issues with it. Plus all reviews and Samsung marketing label this TV as gaming. WHAT? Gaming?! Did they even try to play on that abomination? Ok, rant aside.
I want to THANK YOU, sir. I done what you recommend and color ghosting is no more. Ofcourse there still some white flickerings (?) near sharp edges, but this is earth and heaven compared to what i saw since i bought this TV. Once again, thank you. If you find any more solutions for this, please write it here. Samsung not gonna fix it for us, but maybe we can ourselfs. Cheers.

PS I would never buy Samsung product again.
PSS Sorry for my mediocore English, its not my native language.

UPDATE 

After about 2h of gaming i can tell you, it got beter, but issue still here. I still can see it in some cases at 120hz (compared to "all the time and everywhere" that was before service menu tweaking), zero issues (so far) with 4k 60hz. I am using this TV with my PC, not console, but still got same issues as others here. But on top of that we dont have working Freesync. If you think of it, its hillarious. Literally 0 of gaming features that "sold" this TV me, does not work for me. This TV only for movies so far.

Highlighted
Asteroid

tried this and game mode and pc mode still has problems with coronas.. outside of game and pc mode things look just fine but the input lag is terrible.

i dont understand why samsung dont give the option to reduce the pixel overdrive. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same problem with my 55'' Q80R. One of the main reasons I bought this tv was for it gaming capabilities. While I was playing The Witcher 2 on 120Hz with or without Game Mode, the inverse ghosting is unberable. It's like the whole game has a second texture moving around as you pan the camera.
This game is really dark and sharp, so I think this make the ghosting even worse.

On Destiny 2 I could barely see the ghosting because I mainly tested on bright areas.
On Remnant was much more visible although not as bad as The Witcher 2.

The only way to mitigate this was lock my fps to 60, at least in The Witcher 2.

I'm going to test Assassin's Creed Origins with Reshade (sharpen filter) and see if the ghosting is present in this game.

Please Samsung, fix this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey guys,

same issue in germany!! You're not alone! So pls join our Thread in the german samsung community! So they can see that this is a bigger problem. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Lila-und-Grüne-Schlieren-Nachzieheffekte-Q-Serie-2019/td-p/12...

i know everything is in german, but the issue that is discussed in this topic is exactly the same problem! I think that we should fight together against this and look for a solution for us all!!

Highlighted
Constellation

I turned off the vrr on my xbox one and it got rid of the ghosting on my Samsung q80t.

Highlighted

I see the inverse ghosting on the Q70T with game mode turned on as well, it happens even though the PC I used does not have VRR.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Have the same issue. For me the coronas are green. (q90r) bought the set for mostly gaming. Regret nog getting a lg c9. Samsung ignoring this problem makes me not ever want to get samsung product again.