JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dark vertical shadow about a foot wide on Model: QN75Q6FNA

(Topic created on: 5/15/20 11:06 AM)
userDUMIvYcUaC
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I've had this 75" qled tv for a little over a year, and today it randomly developped a dark vertical band slightly left of center, and about a foot wide. I looked up similarly described issues here and did the following to troubleshoot:

1. Checked multiple inputs in addition to the no-input and menu screen, band is present across all. 

2. Tried turning off/on various picture settings, no change.

3. Ran picture test and band was present on all 3 pictures.

4. Attached to network and updated software to 1292

5. Ran picture test again, issue still present. Following info was given:

Model: QN75Q6FNA
Software: T-KTM2AKUC-1292.1
S/N: <hidden>20200502_183729.jpg

20200502_182421.jpg

20200502_183852.jpg

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm sorry to hear that if this occurs on all sources and during the picture test then this will require service.

If the unit is in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you.

Or if your unit is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userRKzuKC8tn5
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi,

same thing happened to me. Posted on Sunday and curious to find out if you discovered anything besides the following; 

1. if still under warranty; local contracted service provider can come out and fix it and cost is covered since under warranty time period. 

2. if NOT under warranty any longer; local contracted service provider can come out and fix; however, cost of repair is paid by the customer. 

Unfortunately for me my warranty expired 5 months ago so #2 was my only option to get my tv fixed. The cost was $300 to come out and fix but did not cover parts nor did it guarantee success. But my understanding from answers received by other customers who had similar problem the vertical black smudge is fixable. But all in it will be closer to $400 minimum. 

Faced with that it is more economical and easier and guaranteed outcome to purchase a new TV. Frustrated and disappointed. Good luck and hope that it all works out. 

0 Likes
userF22LklgerR
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm so dissapointed in Samsung. If this is happening to do many people then there is a problem with Samsung TVs. I am not going to buy another Samsung product. I will be telling my family too. I shouldn't be having issues after 1 1/2 years of buying a tv. I am a person that took care of my tv too. So this is very annoying. Now they want me to call a service center and get an estimate for an issue that a lot of the Samsung TVs have. That isn't great business. 

0 Likes
user3EXM3yUwmv
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

The same thing happened to me yesterday, a dark vertical shadow about 1 foot wide appeared about halfway between the center and the right end of the set. I have had this unit for a little over 2 years.  I tried the various fixes, unplugging the set, used different HDMI inputs,  tried Fire TV and Tivo. Bottom line, they all showed the shadow. I shut off the set, came back later and it was gone. When I sat down this afternoon to watch TV, the dark band reappeared.  From the other comments it appears the only solution is an expensive fix. That is very disappointing.

0 Likes