cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Darkened Vertical Section on Screen

MVIMG_20200805_133757.jpg

Turned my tv on and this darkened vertical line appeared. I've had the tv for about 2 years, last year a pixel went out. Luckily it was still under warranty then, but this time it is not. I filed a service request and the company Samsung sent me to told me that the cost of the repair would be 80% the cost of buying a new TV! Has anyone else had this issue? 

Model: qn75q7fna

I've always been a fan of Samsung, all of my TV's and monitors in home and at the office are Samsung and I've never had an issue like this. I'm blown away at what I've been told it would cost to fix this problem. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Darkened Vertical Section on Screen

@useraNk08DAfOx 

I am sorry to about this! Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/ I

Does this help article assist you as well? https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/tv-audio-video/tv-lines-appear-on-the-screen/

If so, let us know which step worked here so others can know as well.

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

I did run that test and the issue still appears. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did and the cost to repair it is only a few hundred dollars short of buying a brand new tv. I can't believe Samsung know is aware that there is a issiue with thier product and does nothing for the consumer in response. I've only purchased Samsung products for 15 years now and I'm on the verge of switching brands...