Original topic:

Defective One Connect Box or Fiber Optic Cable ?

(Topic created on: 2/22/21 4:56 PM)
Zomgtuberun
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi.

To whom it may concern (Samsung Support); 

My house pet recently chewed my Samsung BN39-02301A Fiber Optic One Connect cable for my QN65Q7FAMFXZA . I replaced it by ordering a new OEM Samsung BN39-02301A cable from ebay for a whopping 400$ including brokage from the US, and when I plugged in this new cable, it worked for approximately 30 minutes and then my TV froze. I tried to re-pair my remote to make sure that wasn't the issue and to unplug/replug both the TV AND the One Connect box, to no avail. The remote didn't do anything, and the TV was frozen. After a few times rebooting, it simply wouldn't boot anymore and I kept hearing snapping sounds from the back of the TV where the new Fiber Optic cable was plugged in. I then promptly unplugged it as clearly there was something wrong. I had also tried the TV and the One Connect box into multiple outlets. That wasn't the problem.

But, the fact that it worked for a few mins with everything the same way it was before my pet chewed on my first cable and then failed does mean that the issue is with the Fiber Optic Cable, right ? I already requested a return from eBay for the cable in order to return it and will most likely order a new one, but I think my TV's warranty has already passed as I've had it since 2017.

Is this the right thing to do ?

19 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Did you have anything connected to the One Connect when it failed the second time? What is the current software version on the television?

0 Likes
Zomgtuberun
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi Gill, I had my Samsung Soundbar and woofer via Optic Cable, a Chromecast Ultra via HDMI, and another HDMI not connected to anything else.

How can I tell the firmware version without the tv booting ?

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Does it not turn on at all now? There is a possibility that one of the other devices is malfunctioning. 

0 Likes
Zomgtuberun
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

It turns on alright, just shows a completely black screen. Unable to see the Tizen (I think that's what it's called?) Home at all.

0 Likes
Zomgtuberun
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

And that's with nothing plugged into the OneConnect Box anymore.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Are you able to pull up the menu either by remote or the buttons on the television?

0 Likes
Zomgtuberun
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hey Gill, haven't forgotten you, will try this tonight.

0 Likes
Zomgtuberun
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Gill - I'm looking for the Menu buttons ON the tv right now but I can't find any - Google has helped me find then on the Q9 series but not on this Q7 series

0 Likes
Zomgtuberun
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello Gil (or anyone else)

I have just replugged everything with nothing plugged into the OneConnect box and both the TV and box directly into the outlet instead of powerbar and everything seems to be working fine - I got picture, the remote works, etc.

The firmware version is 1290 in case that was still needed.

Software update in the settings is greyed out, can't check manually.

Letting the tv run for a few hours to make sure it's not just a temporary thing.

0 Likes