cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Disable Bixby on Samsung Q70 TV

Hello, is it possible to deactivate Bixby? It keeps randomly interrupting my viewing by muting audio and looking for further voice commands when I’m watching something. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disable Bixby on Samsung Q70 TV

At this time, there is not an authorized way to remove your Bixby AI.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just got a brand new QLED 49 inch 2019 model which has the Bixby voice and  it interrupts TV viewing continuously and mutes  the sound and it's annoying. I'd like to get rid of the feature from the TV altogether. So what I found out as I have a 39 inch Samsung which the remote works with the new QLed TV and works much better with it as to accessing channels  and ALL it's features, I'm getting rid of the new remote that came with the TV and ordering a replacement.  It will be so nice to just push a NUMBER button which the other remote does NOT have and just go right to the channel.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, I don't understand what you are saying! As both the Smart remote & normal is Quick to navigate to channels

Highlighted
Constellation

Not a fan of the new remote, I have to say, and the app is annoying too. Thanks for the tip on the older Samsung remotes

Highlighted
Constellation

Go to settings/general/Bixby voice settings/voice wake up and set it to off.  I did this a couple days ago and Bixby hasn't bothered me since.

Hope this helps

Jim

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you! The terminology "voice wake up" was confusing, so I hadn't modified anything. Thanks for clarifying,

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just say "hi Bixby, turn off voice wake up" she will reply with "All set" and now you will be able to watch your shows in peace and still be able to utilize Bixby at your discretion instead of hers. =)

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the tip, it performed as you said, it now appears that the irritating Bixby has been slain! Have to run it for a few days before I declare final victory.

Thanks again, even though I have many years of experience with computers (wrote my first program in college in 1966) they still get the best of me at times. I always keep in mind the sign we had on the console of that original IBM 1620 computer so many years ago:

I am a computer

I am dumber than any human

And smarter than any programmer

Highlighted
Astronaut

on Samsung TV, open Settings ->open "General" -> scroll to "Accessibility" -> turn off "Voice Guide Settings".