Original topic:

Dolby atmos q90r hbo max

(Topic created: 04-02-2021 11:06 AM)
Chefmark
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Anyone finding trouble getting Dolby Atmos to work in any other app but Netflix?  It works there, but I just tried to watch an Atmos movie (kong vs dragon.. Don't hate me.. Lol) and I'm told it's a software issue with HBO.  Help!

9 Replies
SushiGuy
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Not just Dolby Atmos but Dolby Digital 5.1 also does not work in HBO Max app. Only 2 channel stereo sound is output. Q70 Series QLED 65in QN65Q7DRAFXZA  (QN65Q70RAFXZA)

0 Likes
userrqpIPNGwRK
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Same here.  HBO Max app plays 5.1 contents in 2.1.  Also Dolby Digital+ is grayed out in expert settings. Q70 series 65in QN65Q7DRAFXZA

0 Likes
userkjiUaNMP9Z
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Same on my '21 Frame

0 Likes
userrqpIPNGwRK
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I contacted Samsung support and they are aware of the issue with Gray bar and Dolby digital.  They said it’s out of their hands and they’re working with HBO to fix the app. 

JL380
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Having the same issues. Atmos only on Netflix but nothing on HBO/max and Disney+ also having issues with 5.1 content not being transmitted. 

Chefmark
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
Guess it's not just me. I spent a ton of money on a q90r 75 and a atmos sound system putting speakers in my ceiling only to be able to listen to David attenborough talk to me from above about birds.
0 Likes
JL380
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I myself did some upgrades on both my Tv Q80T and all new AV and speaker system. Had an old Sony speaker receiver combo 7.1 that I bought back when Circuit city went out of business. Got a great deal on it and lasted me till now (still works perfectly) I was at least able to test out all the audio formats with my Xbox series X including Atmos and DtsX unfortunately I don’t like using my Xbox for any audio playback. Plus all the audio goes through my head phones anyway so I’ll never game with any surround on. I did order the new Apple TV that has Atmos. I currently have the non 4K Apple Tv. Hopefully all the streaming apps work a lot better then the useless Tv apps we have now! 

0 Likes
JL380
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Problem solved! Installed the new Apple TV I was shipped yesterday and all three streaming apps I use (Disney, Netflix and HBO/max ) all work with Dolby Atmos. Was worried that spending another $200 will have the same issue with the audio. But can honestly say it was a $200 well spent. Everything looks and sounds perfect!  Probably will never used the tv preinstalled apps again. Just a heads up. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Chefmark
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
It would..... But I don't use any apple products cause I am one of them....but I hope @SamsungSupport comes through one day
0 Likes