JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

E arc update q90r !

(Topic created: 01-14-2021 09:41 PM)
userT13aCNPnNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Still no eArc update on Samsung q90r & 80r.

This was promised by the Samsung md and he is on youtube (hdtv Vincent teo) almost 2 years ago saying it's getting the update.

Samsung silence speaks volumes! 

We need someone who's tech savvy to start the ball rolling. 

Solution
userhXexattiFj
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

So it's true?? We finally have it? Do we need a HDMI 2.1. Cable?

userhXexattiFj
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just updated my q90r tv, I also have the q90r sound bar with the latest update. Hooked up my ps5 to HDMI 4 with the included PS5 HDMI cable which is hdmi 2.1 and no there is no EARC still. Pretty sure it's NOT in this update 

user5oZbOb9gbH
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Out of curiosity, how do you check if it is there or not? Is it because the user interface does not display "eARC" or you believe eARC would result in different quality? And if the later, can you share what "good" look like? Thanks

userT13aCNPnNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did you change the audio settings on the TV? Nothing should be grayed out now (whereas the digital + was previously)

I've not done the update / I don't have a pc or USB so guess I'm still waiting for samsung to roll it out in UK / only been waiting 18 months!) 

0 Likes
user5oZbOb9gbH
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Do you mind checking if the Digial+ Is actually greyed out (before the update) when you watch some Dolby Atmos content on Netfix/Amazon Prime/Disney+ etc. ?

0 Likes
KrAuSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

There's little chance that this is true or "solved".

Dolby Digital+ is a compressed version of Dolby Atmos/TrueHD since ARC can't handle the uncompressed audio. Your Samsung Soundar will say atmos but what it really is is the Dolby Digital+ signal. I had their Q80R soundbar to pair with my Q90R tv. I eventually had to ditch the soundbar because it constantly disconnected, but it showed ATMOS even back then. 

I'll download this update today and test with my SONOS ARC since you can view the specific audio format via their APP, but I highly doubt that there's eArc included in this update. 

I think it's safe to say that they're never updating it. I, like some others on here, ended up buying the HDFury Arcana which is an earc adapter. I now use an HDMI switch to feed all of my devices into the Arcana before the TV. 

Cheers to Samsung for making it SUPER easy to use their products. 

userT13aCNPnNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm taking it that the latest update still doesn't enable (the promised) E-ARC then? 

This needs to be addressed by samsung if not / they have history of not delivering on the features they advertise (ks anybody?) 

0 Likes
userHDlPHVDJhG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

It does not. Samsung should definitely address it if they hope to salvage the chances of me ever spending another dollar on their products or services.

userqz4hnoE5pk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

What HDMI switch are you using? And what kind of audio setup do you have it going into?

0 Likes
userHDlPHVDJhG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I don't care that there are other posts asking the same question. I want an answer. Where is the promised HDMI 2.1 and eARC support for Samsung's Q90R QLED television from 2019? This was promised by Craig Cunningham, Head of Product Marketing in Feb 2020. Is this company solely filled with a bunch of liars with zero regard for the customer after you get our money or what? Shame on Samsung for the lack of updates, zero offical response, conflicting infomation from uninformed reps. These products are far from cheap, my television cost $3,500 and there are ads I can't opt out of like a cheap Amazon tablet. Except that cheap tablet maker tells you what you're in for first, unlike the bait and switch Samsung so excellently and regularly succeed at. If you don't deliver what was promised I assure you that you'll never see another cent of my hard earned $. I'll make it a standing goal for the rest of my life to steer family and friends away from Samsung products at all costs. This company is despicable. Buy Samsung if you like the taste of vomit in your mouth.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/November-2020-what-happened-to-the-JULY-OCTOBER-a...

Prove me wrong and do what you said you were going to do. Otherwise expect me to be a regular visitor around here, reminding you and potential customers just what it's like to do business with Samsung.