JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

E arc update q90r !

(Topic created: 01-18-2021 06:11 AM)
userT13aCNPnNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Still no eArc update on Samsung q90r & 80r.

This was promised by the Samsung md and he is on youtube (hdtv Vincent teo) almost 2 years ago saying it's getting the update.

Samsung silence speaks volumes! 

We need someone who's tech savvy to start the ball rolling. 

33 Replies
user5oZbOb9gbH
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Credit where credit is due - I think they have delivered it! I got the 1374 update on my TV  ( I have the Q90R TV and Q90R soundbar) - some hiccups at 1st as it clearly affected Dolby Atmos functioning of the soundbar (switching on and off every few minutes) - but problem disappeared after I replaced my HDMI cable with the new 2.1 cable. 

Samsung Business confirmed that the Q90R TV is now eARC enabled and eventhough it is not labelled as "HDMI-eARC mode" as in the Q90T (2020 version) - "the Dolby Digital+" is the one that you should to enable this. 

I do notice some slight improvement in sound but obviously, I can't tell for sure. Happy to take their words for this though

userT13aCNPnNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yeh I was happy to hear about the hdmi hdmi 2.1 update as I'm a gamer. 

I haven't used the TV(q90r) for a few weeks, I'll be chuffed it it's now got atmos eArc / unsure if the Apple tv app will benefit /hope so. 

0 Likes
user5oZbOb9gbH
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Of course now I can not tell anymore - but I will really appreciate if you can record your sound menu option (and if possible sound quality) before the update to compare if anything change afterward?

You can download and update the firmware using USB from the support page I think

0 Likes
userTPwOAGclFV
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

The official changelog from Samsung for 1374 does not mention eARC so I highly doubt it has been included. 

userT13aCNPnNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

So how do we get samsung to answer the questions. 

I've been watching with interest the uproar about sony xh90 (vrr update) and Sony has responded within 2 days.

Still waiting for this update after its been promised via hdtv interview with Vincent teoh. 

0 Likes
user5oZbOb9gbH
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

052ED0B0-1F18-4600-96B4-F666664052BD.jpeg

userT13aCNPnNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Could you please leave that link? 

I'm in UK / not sure when the update is coming here I'm currently on 1372