cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

ETA for next firmware update after 1361.0 for 2019 QLED Televisions (WE NEED EARC)

There are a few threads dedicated to this, but I hope the more noise we make the quicker they'll resolve this. 

It's confirmed that update 1361.0 from July 6th does not include EARC support for 2019 QLED models. 

EARC is a must for any of us hoping for uncompressed audio over a sound system that doesn't include a dedicated receiver. 

I saw some people reference a Dutch post that indicated it would be coming in July. Many people seemed to think this update was going to come today (7.15.2020) but that appears to have been wishful thinking rather than a firm date. 

Just to reiterate, the July 6th update DID NOT include EARC support.

Can a MOD step up and specify a timeline for when this promised firmware update will be presumably arriving this month?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: ETA for next firmware update after 1361.0 for 2019 QLED Televisions (WE NEED EARC)

I'm starting to regret my q90r tv purchase / samsung seems to have previous issues with not delivering on promises (ks line for instance/ lies /falsely advertising) 

Maybe time to ask my dealer what my options are. 

This is my last samsung purchase for sure. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: ETA for next firmware update after 1361.0 for 2019 QLED Televisions (WE NEED EARC)

I dont understand Samsung's corporate thinking here. If they want the "best of the best" reputation, this simple eARC firmware update gives them that, hands down. Without following through on this promise, though, Samsung becomes a company that can't be trusted,  and their " flagship " qled tv becomes just another dumb flat panel display instead of the center of a complete home entertainment system. And the q90r is way too expensive for that.

They have updated their 2019 sound bars for eARC so it's very doable. But all that did was make the Samsung sound bars compatible with their competitor's TVs but not their own!??

Samsung,  just release the eARC update for your q90r TVs and brag about unequalled customer service in your advertising. Win, win for everybody. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Earc is not a must on the TV. If your sound system has Earc, which if you have a flagship TV, shpuld not be using trashy tv speakers anyway.

Directly plugged into a dedicated sound system or atmos soundbar with Earc then you will get full sounding atmosphere. So having it on TV is irrelevant which is why Samsung updated soundboard to Earc, as the Q90R tv and soundbar integrate together and will give atmos.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Earc is absolutely a must for the 2019 qled TVs. Especially with the corresponding soundbar. If you plug a Xbox one x into the soundbar you can have atmos sound but lose variable refresh rate and auto low latency game mode. With earc you can just plug everything into the tv and have the tv pass atmos down through the soundbar. You wouldn't need to choose between uncompressed atmos or gaming features. Thats why it's so important. Why upgrade the soundbars but not the TVs? It makes no sense

Highlighted
Constellation

This is my issue & wishing they put the earc in the tv already! They have this one connect box which should be like a computer so what's the problem! 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@userRwGKFC1AZ0 

No one here is talking about wanting EARC on the tv to listen through the tv speakers. If the Soundbar needs an EARC connection to pass through uncompressed audio, and the TV only has an ARC port (which is the current case for the Q90R) then my Atmos capable soundbar (SONOS ARC) gets downgraded to Dolby Digital Plus. So YES, it is a must on the TV.  

It's just a firmware update. It's not asking for too much when you spend $2500 on a television. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Completely agree.  Also in theory by adding eARC it should resolve the lip sync issues inherent in the tv.  At least give us audio pass through at this point!  Their lack of communication with customers is infuriating.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@userqz4hnoE5pk 

The lack of communication is brutal. The MODS never reply to anything. The only bits and pieces people have are through a Dutch post, and a few chat logs. I don't trust anything the Samsung Chat Reps say however. 

At this point I'm leaning towards getting the HDFURY Aracana that a few people have referenced in these forums. It allows you to pass through an Atmos Soundbar via an externally powered eARC adapter to the tv. Bypassing the TV only having an ARC port. But it isn't cheap, and it would be preferable if Samsung could just do the firmware update.

Highlighted
Astronaut

HD Fury Arcana will be only 30Hz for 8K...so no good for an 60Hz 8K TV, nor for the incoming XBox SeriesX, etc...