cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Earc update on q90r tv!!

This is crazy. I have been a Sony fan for years and may switch to Samsung for the reduced glare and wide angle superiority. Buying a TV this week and it can't be the Q90r because it's not guaranteed to work with Sonos arc. Sony has supported eARC for several years now! Why do big companies fumble like this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

No, no eARC update for the q90r TV yet!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

i just got the q70r 75in  and  the sonos arc.  I am not sure if they did yhe update, but i was able to get Dolby atmos  with a 4k fire stick with disney plus.   You can't  get in with disney plus  app on the tv, must be through the fire stick.  With netflix and amazon prine you have to pay for their Hd service.   I also set my audio in the tv to dd+ and Atmos turned on.   Hope that help someone.  It is not losses Atmos or True Hd, but still Adobe atmos.

Highlighted
Constellation

Im very disappointing that Samsung has failed to make the Q90 TV eARC compatible with their own Q90 soundbar which  I bought together.  The issues with the TV such as eARC, sound delay issues and ghosting when watching things like F1 racing is bad, would make me probably go for a Sony TV next time.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yep, im also dissapounted in Samsung for this, seems the flagship tv we all bought is truely dead in the water, just shows what they think of loyal customers. I was hoping for a few updates, eARC is my main one i wanted as without this i cant use the features like vrr and 120hz playback etc and also if i plug external devices in i lose atmos sound.

I was hoping too for maybe filmmaker mode to be added as it would be a nice addition and more important supoort for hgig for hdr gaming but i genuinely give up with them. My next tv etc will not be Samsung, completely leave old customers out of new festures and customer service is the worse i have ever encounted.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung - can you please just do an update to add a pass through option for the audio? We would all at least then have the ability to connect a sound bar or receiver without the TV getting in the of our audio signal. This was NOT a cheap TV last year. Don't give up on the 2019 models. You're making us not want to buy Samsung again. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am also waiting for months...

Highlighted
Constellation

I'll be buying LG Oled next time,at least they still support and push firmware out to old models. 

As people say this was a flagship model and not cheap,even wouldn't mind paying for a new one connect box with hdmi 2.1 inputs

What a waste as I thought this was one of the reasons for a one connect box,future proofing. 

Let's face it,Samsung just want all of us to buy new TV every year 

Just buy LG next time and you'll be looked after👍

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have been answered by a Samsung representative today in the european forums that the Q90R will not receive the eARC update due to hardware restriction.

Next tv won't be a Samsung, that's for sure!

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm curious what your original post said as the Samsung moderator removed it.