cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Earc update on q90r tv!!

Bought this great tv and wanted great sound so earc is the way to go.

Always was a philps consumer (coming from the Netherlands). Now this is my second samsung.

Want to connect a sonos arc to the tv but will not buy it before earc works...

Samsung release an update and maybe sent a subsribe adres where you keep us posted.

I am really not amused...

The lack of information is the most anoying.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Earc update on q90r tv!!

I am also in the same boat as you! 

Samsung 2019 65inch Q90r 

Using Apple TV 4K with Netflix,prime, Disney. 
Currently running Sonos playbar ( which I love) 

I have upgraded to the arc and gen 3 sub , it arrives on Wednesday ( 4 days) 

Does our tv not support eARC ? Does this mean I can't listen to any Dolby Atmos content? 

I'm a die hard Samsung fan, been using Samsung since 2004 for my first lcd flat screen. 

Lots of people who like the best TVs go Samsung 

lots of people who appreciate good audio keep it simple with Sonos ..

WHY IS THIS AN ISSSUE 😂

Highlighted
Asteroid

what is the advantage of apple tv 4k box when you have the apple tv app on the samsung q90r tv?  Gaming?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Dolby Atmos

Highlighted
Constellation

I own a Samsung Q90R 65". I just bought and setup my Sonos Arc, Sub (3rd gen), and 2 Sonos One SL. Currently no eARC update but I still enjoy the Dolby Digital Plus (Compress Atmos) for now until the eARC update for my TV so I can enjoy the Uncompressed Atmos. If you have Netflx or Vudu that has 4K with atmos you can still get great sound. I really love my sonos surround sound right now whether I'm watching movies with Atmos or just 5.1 surround sound. Its a game changer for me, listening to music on it is amazing too. Highly recommend adding the 2 rear speakers if you can. Don't let the eARC delayed update ruining your enjoyment. I stand by what I said. Gaming on 5.1 sound is still really good. Hope this help anyone on the edge of buying Sonos Arc, Sub, and 2 rear speakers. And Samsung you guys need to listen to your followers, we just want some type of communication letting us know that you guys are still working on the eARC update and its delay because of COVID-19. Just say something and I'm sure we all will understand instead of leaving your fan base in the dark man.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not sure why Samsung can't make this happen.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Red on a dutch samsung forum that in mid july a update is coming for all MuzeM (T-MSMDEUC) platform tv's. Meaning the qled from 2019 like the q90r doen to the q70r. In the update the earc will be implemented. Having hdmi 2b. Dolby atmos will work.

Highlighted
Asteroid

A Dutch Samsung forum ? Can you link it ? There is so many people who is going crazy over this, I'm sick of having compressed Dolby atmos when I could be having lossless 😂

PLEASE SAMSUNG you promised us eARC for the TVs, you released it in the same year and TEXH in soundbars. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Someone posted the article already Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Astronaut

There have been some firmware updates (mid july now) , I'm not sure if they have added EArc though