JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Easy Q: does The Frame 55" 2020 model have a protective film which I should remove?

(Topic created: 05-27-2020 04:10 PM)
userKukoMhBAcE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

New Samgung TV owner here. First TV since 2004...

Does the 2020 'The Frame' 55" model TV have a protective film which I should remove? The outer dark metal trim had obviously removable film, but I cannot tell if the surface of the screen itself has a plastic film I should remove. Anyone have a definitive answer?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

There is no film over the screen on these televisions, There usually is a cling wrap film on the framing around the screen

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

You should only remove the film that was easily removable when you unpackaged the television.

0 Likes
userKukoMhBAcE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Right... so, from anyone's hands-on experience, *is* there an easily removable film? In my experience with consumer-electronics it is unfortunately often the case that film designed to be removed is not obviously presented as such.

userGDb8qSMqaK
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Sorry for bringing this back to life, but can you please confirm if the 2020 version of the frame has or does not have a screen protector that needs to be peeled off.

userq8kUhxtzRQ
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

SAMSUNG!!!! Hello Anyone There?  Please answer this question already.  This is poor customer service

Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

There is no film over the screen on these televisions, There usually is a cling wrap film on the framing around the screen

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userKukoMhBAcE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I never received any clarification from Samsung, but I bought through Crutchfield - I asked Crutchfield about this and they confidently shared that there seems to be no film as they had no case notes about it for the 2020 Frame.

0 Likes