JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request: CEC Anynet+ options to prevent Frame switching off instead of going to Art Mode

(Topic created: 06-24-2020 02:52 AM)
userbgj9K1CYcy
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Feature Request:

When an external device sends the standby command through HDMI-CEC Anynet+, the Frame switches off or goes to Deep Sleep instead of Art Mode. It would be nice to be able to have to option to select how the Frame behaves when it receives a command through CEC.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userLS8yjCA0TN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

9zFVRpYiRByaVzTKTSwa5w.jpg
update appears to be from 2021! see pic above.... I just checked multiple times on my onkyo nr646 . FM radio, CD input, NET/Streaming works just fine when i turn on receiver and tv stays in art mode!! I switch over to samsung apps to stream netflix, as soon as sound is output from TV to receiver, input switches back to ARC input. This is resolved!

View solution in context

16 Replies
usergKFrT77Tzj
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I second this!  Can't believe it is not the default function as the entire purpose of the TV is Art Mode!

usergKFrT77Tzj
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung, any chance you'll make this work as it's supposed to?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes! This should obviously be a setting. If I tell Google to turn the chromecast/TV off, and I've got a samsung frame, of course I should be able to set that "off" to art mode. The idea is you generally leave it in that mode when the TV isn't being used. 

userLS8yjCA0TN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is unacceptable... I can't use my receiver and listen to music with the new 2020 frame tv in art mode. Make this change ASAP.

userTzCCHklqLn
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can't understand why this is not implemented by default !

userkC6rGiI6HP
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes! I'm a new owner of a Samsung Frame, and am here looking for a solution to the same problem. I would like the option to interpret a CEC "power off" command to trigger Art Mode instead of a full power off.

usersL8xHo5leU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi

I was looking for a new TV and I came to an agreement with my wife to buy 'The Frame' especially for the Art mode. Is there somebody from Samsung available to explain to my wife that the Art mode does not work with the 'workflow' in our home? CEC is being used (indirectly) via home automation and this feature is very much needed.

Thanks

usergKFrT77Tzj
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

this seems to work for me now after the latest update!!

userLS8yjCA0TN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

agree, this started working this morning for me. I was surprised. need to see if firmware was released.

0 Likes