cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Knaub
Galaxy

Firmware 1270.6

Interested to see what the new firmware brings, or breaks!

Might install tomorrow on my Q9FN 75".

10 REPLIES 10
Tygeezy
Cosmic Ray

Re: Firmware 1270.6

I was randomy checking to see if there was a firmware update and saw that they updated my tvs page with this new firmware. I went to check when I got home and it wasn't over the air yet. Im going to try it again when I get home tonight. I've had issues with some hdr content on netflix with flickering and other artifacts. Also someitmes when playing games using freesync the tv will reset itself. Im hoping these issues got fixed.

I just updated my Q6FN 49" to 1270.6 and am (as always) relieved to report that it did not brick my TV! It does always amaze me that while it takes way more than a half-hour to download the update (using my PC), and then transfer it to USB stick, it takes only a few minutes for the set to update with the 1.2GB image.

I had no issues before so dunno what this might fix.

Tygeezy
Cosmic Ray

So you didn't do it over the air then? Have you noticed any positive changes?

Knaub
Galaxy

So far so good here. The remote seems to respond quicker upon initial startup, which has been an issue for several upgrades now. Still no DTS support or eARC (I'M NOT GIVING UP ON THIS SAMSUNG!), but overall it seems to be working well.

user2aKXc8228G
Astronaut

"I've had issues with some hdr content on netflix with flickering and other artifacts. Also someitmes when playing games using freesync the tv will reset itself."

I had the exact same problem (minus the reset issue), it was brutal. The judder was rediculously bad to the point it was super distracting, both in shows and on the Nintendo Switch.

I'm happy to report that it seems to be much much better. I just tested a number of sources for items that were likely to cause issues before and just had it on 'auto' motion blur for now, but everything looked so good. Very happy!!

I watched for a couple hours last night, nothing fancy just TiVo recordings, and the TV functioned normally and looked spectacular as usual. Always glad to do a fw upgrade that does not break anything! Smiley Very Happy

Oh, I did notice one cosmetic change. Where before my Apple TV looked like the Apple logo in black, there is a different icon for it that shows the ATV itself along with remote. Might be readying the platform for the new Apple TV offering or something.

Luitse
Constellation

It won't let me download mine thru the USB I downloaded the file unzipped it then connected it to my tv but when I click on the file the folder is empty. has anyone else had the same problem?

But...you don't (shouldn't have to) "click on a file" at all. If you have successfully unzipped the T-KTM2AKUC.zip file to your USB stick, you will see at the top level of it a T-KTM2AKUC folder (directory) and within that an 'image' folder and within that image folder are two files, info.txt and upgrade.msd which is the big 1,290.275KB (or some such) file.

If you've unzipped it properly, and plugged the USB stick into your TV, you then go to Settings then Support then Software Update and finally Check for Updates. When you do that the set should find your USB stick on its own and offer to use the update that is on it. If this is not working for you, then you have a bad download, or you haven't unzipped it properly, or the USB stick is not formatted FAT32, or...well the only other thing is to try a different USB port on your TV.

userohhD9KdnP5
Constellation

Ive seem to have problem with my TV-box after this upgrader. the hmdi does not seem to get that there is a signal. I almost every time have to unplug the hdmi from my tv-box and back again for the TV to realise that there is a signal. I using the Frame 55" 2018 model