cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Firmware Update 1113.0 for 2020 TVs

Today, Samsung released a firmware update (1113.0) for its 2020 TVs. My 2020 model of The Frame (65") was updated automatically. The previous version was 1060.6.  Maybe this will help some of you who have had issues with your TV.

---
April 22, 2020

- Model : Q950T, Q900T, Q850T, Q800T, Q90T, Q80T, Q8DT, Q70T, Q7DT, LS03T, LS01T

- Version : 1113.0

- Improved usability 1. Improved picture quality 2. Improved browser performance 3. Improved app performance 4. Improved stability 5. Improved usability of input devices
---

I have not had the chance to evaluate the PQ/performance/usability/stability improvements noted, but I have noticed two changes to the UI:

1. There was a option for "LED Clear Motion" added to the Picture Clarity Settings.

2. The pop-up on-screen remote has been changed to more closely resemble the white remote I received with my TV.

As a separate note for Frame owners, Art Mode wouldn't work (via the TV's UI or the SmartThings app) until I unplugged the power, waited a minute and plugged it back in. Still, there are certain art pieces that will work and will not work when I try to load them (I have an active paid subscription to the Art Store), but this behavior started a few days ago prior to the update. It may be that some of the pieces have been removed from the Art Store, but have not been removed from the list that allows the user to select them.

Please feel free to add other updates and improvements as you see them.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Firmware Update 1113.0 for 2020 TVs

1113.0 did not solve any of the problems with my Q80T. I had scheduled pickup return with BestBuy but was standing-by to cancel if the firmware update had worked. I really love the look and style of this TV and theoretically it should have been the perfect TV for me... but no! It absolutely refused to play well with AppleTV 4K. The built-in ATV is useless to me as I use my iTunes Library for virtually all the movies I watch. My issue was that the Q80T has a huge problem with switching between BT.1886 and ST.2084. Plus the fact that the TV gives you absolutely no notification as to what format it's in... HDR or SDR, causing me to return to the "Settings">"Picture">"Expert" menu constantly, and it was almost always in ST.1886 (SDR) mode even when the content is HDR. And why does the TV allow you to configure the BT.1886 (SDR)  Color Space but not the BT.2084 (HDR) Color Space? The whole experience with this TV has been absolutely maddening. Combine that with Samsung Tech Support starting out every call with "Reset" your TV. Sure, let's waste another hour! I was eventually able to figure out how to tweak the Gain and Offset of all the color channels and was able to get the White Balance pretty close For SDR mode, but never for HDR mode. The color profiles/Gamma settings that are pre-loaded into the TV are not even close. Any way after almost a month of desperately trying to function with this TV, I finally gave up. The samsung engineers still have not over come their personal preference for crushed blacks and muddy, green , yellow, gray scenes in most UHD 4K shows. Anyone have any idea what is wrong with this TV and if it is fixable? Or is there a better choice out there? Thanks

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks. I noticed it had updated on my TU7000. However, I still have volume issues in so much that through all inputs, apps and on demand, the volume has a mind of its own. After pausing, rewind, fast forward etc, the volume jumps up or drops down and I spend the whole time with remote in my hand. 
Plus, there is still no BBC iPlayer. 

Highlighted
Constellation

The Firmware update messed up gamma settings for TV's I've noticed. When you attempt to swap from 1886 to another, the screen flashes but the settings do not take until you power the TV off for a full minute. This is especially prominent in PC mode.

Another issue is that if you set sharpness to anything other than 10, anytime you turn the TV off/on or swap resolutions or enable/disable game mode, it reverts back to 10 ( while the setting still shows what you set it to) to reset it you have to adjust the sharpness up and down 1.

Another issue is that for PC mode, this apparently removed the 4K resolution for PC in the Nvidia control panel. Attempted to update to the latest drivers, but that did not help. TV shows up as Gsync compatible, but leaving that off as it disables Motion Plus, without motion plus the ovverdrive samsung uses is unbearable.

Another finding, which has been reported by many on the AVS forum, is that users can no longer run 120hz in 4k @ 4:2:0 subsampling rates, which they could prior so long as they were using the Game port.

Using an EDID reader on the PC it appears that the TV now only uses version 1.3 vs 2.0 which it was initially at (confirmed with other users that have not updated)

Hopefully a Samsung REP can chime in on this.

Highlighted
Constellation

FYI my Q900TS is currently on firmware update 1115 and I don't know if this was part of the update, but peak brightness is severely limited compared to last year's Q90R - although there's no clipping of the brightests scenes. Just wondering what was updated - are there any firmware notes anywhere?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I think I may have had issues with the 1115 update, btw , on my Q90T. My local dimming was doing weird things. Occasionally it seemed to be switch off (or to low), even though the setting was still on Standard or High (whatever I left it as), until I switched the setting again. Symptoms were that after a few minutes of running, the whole screen would suddenly dim (in the same way that would happen when I switched Local Dimming to Low). Then there were other weird issues on uniform colors (especially blue) where I could basically see the dimming array creating a checkerboard of darkened areas on the screen that would quickly fade to the correct color. I don't have any Intelligent Mode or Eco Mode settings on either so it wasn't related to ambient light.

I did a factory reset and things are working perfectly now for me (and currently on update 1115 again). So I don't know if the firmware upgrade didn't do well on top of previous firmware updates.