I have the 2020 65" Frame TV and there is a firmware update for it - VER 1402.1
1) When I extract the firmware file there is no SWU_AUTO_FLAG file? The instructions says it should be there?
2) Why do I need to manually update via USB in the first place? Will Samsung send this OTA at some point?
I also see the 1402.1 for my Q70T. My current version is 1301. The OTA says there is no update. I'm very nervous to do this over USB.
Why wouldn't it be OTA?
FYI... there is a new USB firmware update avaialble for 2020 Frame. Not available via the TV update menu; you must download from samsung site to USB drive. Release date Sept 29, 2020.
First, you can create an empty file in Notepad and save it to the USB drive with the name SWU_AUTO_FLAG
Then, when I followed the instructions:
1. Insert the USB Memory Drive containing the firmware into the USB port of TV or the side of the One Connect Box.
2. Turn on the TV and wait for around 1 or 2 minutes.
The firmware update begins automatically. The firmware update never began.
1) Press the MENU button, select ‘Support’, ‘Software Update’, and then "Update now"
Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware from the USB drive.