cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timstack
Galaxy

Flashes with 2017 QLED TV

Are customers still seeing bright white flashes with this tv? Because I am. Qn55q7famfxza

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Flashes with 2017 QLED TV

Is there a bright white flash when you turn on the device? When do you notice the white flash? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

timstack
Galaxy

Been happening ever since I owned this tv. Had tech out a year ago. Said tv was fine. Believe it's a firmware issue. Happens in both HDMI inputs using TiVo Bolt and PS3 while watching Blu ray movies. Not that my tv watching is unbearable but the flashes still happen when you least expect it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you would like, we can always have another service technician take a look at it. If you would like to proceed with service, please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

timstack
Galaxy

Even if the tech came out for another visit like I said the TV only does the flash when you least expect it. The tv is out of warranty would I be charged?

timstack
Galaxy

No not when turning on tv but occasionally see white burst of white when watching tv with TiVo Bolt and ps3 Blu ray movies.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@timstack Being that tv is out of warranty the repair would be an out of pocket expense.