Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userX24RMN4lL5
Constellation

Frame 2019 Motion Detector Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I got the 2019 Frame TV recently and the motion detector doesn't seem to be working properly. When it is in Art Mode, the motion detector is able to keep the TV on by detecting motion, but when it's asleep it won't turn the TV back on. When it puts itself to sleep and I make some motion, I can hear the OneConnect box click like it's turning something on but the panel itself doesn't turn on. Did anyone else experience something like this with previous models or any TV which has a motion detector?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Frame 2019 Motion Detector Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To everyone experiencing this, there is great news. For this issue, Samsung has released the new software version: 1312.2 version. 

Please keep us posted.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
userVbCXxXKt3X
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same probleem with my new Frame 2019. Art mode stays on when someone is in the room, but it does't wakeup after the tv has entererd sleep mode.

userIA41emM9Rj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here with a 2019 Frame TV. It turned on one or twice by sensing motion but that's it. Still not working as expected.

useryzPSgD0UqI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Have you figured it out?

Jstan
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We're experiencing the same issue. It stays on when we're moving, but once it is off the motion control does not turn the art mode back on.
user0AQ17VDHY2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems to be a global problem. I have the German model from The Frame 2019 in 55" and also with me the motion sensor does not turn the Art Mode on by detecting motion.

userrINR6lEWVG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. I contacted Samsung support and after several extended periods on hold, I was told that the TV was not designed to have the motion sensors wake the display in Art Mode. The reason given was they were preventing burn in and excessive power consumption. I noted to the representative that manuals and marketing materials all reference the ability of the motion sensors to turn the TV back on in Art Mode. It seems to me that the entire purpose of this premium price TV is for it to be on in Art Mode most of the time.

Major disconnect at Samsung on this one and a major disappointment for me.

uservVebNOb1OF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Either Samsung Support has got it wrong, or Samsung is seriously misleading its customers. Like you say, this is how it is advertised. On the (Dutch) Samsung site it unambiguously describes the following key feature:

Notices your presence

Motion sensor

When you leave, the screen switches off to save energy. When you are near, the motion sensor notices your presence and the screen switches on. This way you can optimally enjoy your favorite art.

https://www.samsung.com/nl/tvs/the-frame/art-mode/

userQikwGNTgUB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here-- on my 2019 65" frame, cannot get Art Mode to turn itself back on once it turns itself off due to Motion Sensor or Night Mode.  This is really annoying, and definitely not how the feature was advertised.

km04
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue as well 65” 2019 version. 

Between this and the HDMI inputs not remember/identifying Apple TV and Nintendo Switch it’s been a frustrating experience after spending $3k and considering returning it all.