cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Frame Motion Sensor Experiment - can someone duplicate these results?

Can someone else duplicate this experiment to confirm that I'm not crazy?

My hypothesis is that the motion sensor issues are linked to the art being used in Art Mode.  

My motion sensor did not work fully since day 1, similar to many others here.  (Would keep art displayed in art mode with motion in the room, and would put to sleep with no motion, but would not wake the unit up).

This weekend I changed the art displayed, and surprisingly, the TV turned on when I walked into the room later, and continued to work throughout the day.  This morning my wife changed it to another piece.  The tv went back to running incredibly slow when switching manually to art mode, and the motion sensor failed to work again.

Tonight I switched the art back to the one I had up when the motion detector was working and everything is completely functional again.  Motion sensor has woken the TV up/put it to sleep multiple times in a row.  When I switch to something else, everything de-rails.

Can someone replicate these settings and report back if your motion sensor begins to work?

Art - Japan Dayz by Brian Alfred available in the art store

Sleep after - 15 min

Motion Detector - High

Night Mode - Off

Intelligent Mode - On

Autorun Last App - On

Falls down a well, eyes go crossed.  Gets kicked by a mule, they go back.  I don't know..

cheers and thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Frame Motion Sensor Experiment - can someone duplicate these results?

I can confirm that this is the case on 2 seperate TV's

I recieved a replacement Frame TV, and after the firmware updated to 1335, I lost all functionality in the motion sensor.

I switched to this art selection, and the motion sensor began to work as advertised.

The art selected which gets the motion sensor to funtion is a very simple digital print.  It is the more complex pieces that shut down motion sensor functionality.  Is it a processing power issue? 

More notable, the motion sensor worked 100% before the TV auto-updated to the newer firmware.

Highlighted
Constellation

Cant comment on the change of art has having any effect but the problem seems to me simply that the motion sensor is effctively shorouded by the bezel frame.

When I first got the machine sensor worked fine. On and off as it should.

When we later bought the bezel frame started have problems coming back on.

I vaguely rememebr seeing someone on this forum that modified the position of the sensor and that worked, but can no longer find.

Samsung help were useless and only wante me to reseet everything. That did nothing except make me re enter passwords etc

Highlighted

CharlieDelta's post caused me to notice yours @userwWiBMCuS3O . Maybe you don't realize that (as I understand it, I don't have an add-on bezel) the sensors have clear lensing that is supposed to automatically pop-out when the bezel is snapped into place such that the sensors still "see" beyond the bezel. Apologies if you know this already.

Highlighted
Asteroid

After good results the from previous setting changes the motion sensor stopped working again.  I ran this test with the same settings and Art (Japan Dayz) as mentioned and the sensor worked as expected.  Interesting find!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

For me its a roll of the dice. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't last week it didn't work at all. A week before that it worked sometimes but would stop working overnight. Now it works again, i think there is way too many variables involved to troubleshoot. For example if the Art app crashes it would look like the tv is not on but it actually is. I just gave up, thank god this is not my main tv.

Astronaut

I think you are right.  I tried everything on my new 2020 43" to get the motion detector to switch the set on, to no avail.  I knew the detector was working as it kept the set turned on when there was a short time-out in Art Mode.  I was displaying Van Gogh's Sunflowers.  I changed this to Vauban Confused No.2 which is a simple graphic and it works as expected.