cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Frame Night Mode Issues

I just bought a 32" Frame (2020) and am having trouble using the night mode feature. I'd like to set the TV to turn off when the room is dark, but then resume art mode when light is detected in the room.

Night mode seems to do this, but I've found that if the Frame detects darkness for a long period of time (ie overnight), it will eventually turn off and art mode will no longer resume when light is detected again. This forces me to manually turn the TV on in the mornings.

I do have the Sleep After setting turned off.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Asteroid

Re: Frame Night Mode Issues

I have exactly the same issue. Theres a thread where people think its because the 32" doesnt have a motion sensor. 

Youd think it would be possible to have the light sensor trigger a wake up when it was bright enough again. 

Its meant to be possible as its clearly menioned in the marketing...

Asteroid

Re: Frame Night Mode Issues

In case this workaround helps anyone - IVe got a 32" which wasnt coming on in the day.

Ive set an automation in smarthings app on my phone to switch on the TV at sunrise. This switches on the TV and the art is back on the screen during the day and it still switches itself off at night ( cos I have the night mode on)

Not ideak but just about does what I need