cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Frame TV HDMI—no signal

Just plugged in new Frame tv yesterday. Plugged Comcast into hdmi port 1. It worked for three hours, then a blue screen came up, and it said, "check source--no signal." Still had the old Samsung next to it; plugged the same hdmi cable into it, and the cable box worked fine. Also tried an AppleTV (and different hdmi cable) in all hdmi ports--none worked. Reset the tv; no change. That was an expensive three hours of tv. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Frame TV HDMI—no signal

This seems to be a common problem, from what I'm reading here on the board. Apparently there have been issues with the OneConnect cable from the OneConnect box to the TV. You may need a replacement. I don't have a Frame personally, but did you try to unplug/reconnect the cable to the TV?

Definitely contact Samsung support.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did. I tried just about everything. Smiley Happy I was thinking it may be a problem with the software, or physical hdmi port(s). The tv works fine otherwise. Apps work (Netflix. Amazon, etc). Thanks for replying. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

The apps work fine because they don't need the OneConnect box. If you search this board you'll see the same issue from others - none of the HDMI ports work, because the cable that goes to the TV is defective. They must have shipped a bunch of defective cables. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Aha. That's interesting. I figured the apps were in the oneconnect box as well, and sent via the oneconnect cord. Weird that my hdmi port worked for a few hours then went dead. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I could certainly be wrong, but I thought the "brains" are in the Frame, and the OneConnect box just multiplexes the external HDMI inputs into one wire to the Frame.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi my Frame Tv just got fixed today by Samsung all the tech did was replace the fiber optic cord.I didn't bend it or anything but Samsung did replace Samsung Rocks

Highlighted
Asteroid

@user2iIBXrcKKn wrote:

Just plugged in new Frame tv yesterday. Plugged Comcast into hdmi port 1. It worked for three hours, then a blue screen came up, and it said, "check source--no signal." Still had the old Samsung next to it; plugged the same hdmi cable into it, and the cable box worked fine. Also tried an AppleTV (and different hdmi cable) in all hdmi ports--none worked. Reset the tv; no change. That was an expensive three hours of tv. 

Hi my Frame Tv just got fixed today by Samsung all the tech did was replace the fiber optic cord.I didn't bend it or anything but Samsung did replace Samsung Rocks