JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Frame TV: How to enter PIN in settings with smart remote?

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 09:08 AM)
userwdQzNQAeax
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

2021 Frame TV: in Settings I cannot find a way to enter the PIN (0000) because the remote supplied with the TV has no numeric keypad.  The settings screen does not allow on-screen numeric entry.   How can I enter the PIN?  I need to factory reset the TV.

7 Replies
userwdQzNQAeax
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Found the answer: it is not possible to enter the PIN with the smart remote.   Samsung's quality test team missed this defect and there is presently no ETA on a fix.  

Workaround:  use another Samsung compatible remote that has a keypad.   If necessary, find a universal remote and program it to work with the TV.

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am happy you were about to find your resolution and for providing the feedback. Thank you for being a valued part of our Community. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
RRTodd99
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

How is using "another Samsung compatible remote that has a keypad" a valid resolution? Do I have to go out and buy another remote control?

I too have the problem where the TV turns off during ART Mode. It's been suggested that I reset the TV to factory conditions. Fair enough. But I can't reset the TV because I can't enter the default "0000" password on the reset screen. 

Is there going to be software update to fix the problem?

userCqWArKIQ9D
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is not a solution.  We should be able to use the remote that came with the TV to enter a PIN and unlock an app on the TV!  Please get a fix for this!

userCIriwbUkPs
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Right you are, userCqWArKIQ9D - This is a disgrace!

Obviously, not only software quality control leaves a lot to be desired in Samsung, but the attitude towards customers, products and company goodwill too.

We are not talking about rocket science and some complicated and hard to debug and reproduce problem, but about major flaw that is clearly visible during the initial setup of the product.

Shame on you, Samsung.

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good afternoon everyone. The on-screen numeric keypad can be accessed by pressing the button indicated in the below image. You can find more information in the Remote Control Guide that was included with you television.

RRTodd99
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Ok, managed to use my Samsung phone as a remote control to enter the default "0000" password. But after resetting the TV it still turns off by itself! 

Edit: after looking around I found that it could be the Night Mode that was turning the TV off so quickly. Seems rather flaky but it appears to be working ... for now🤔