JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Frame TV control with standard IR remote?

(Topic created: 11-13-2020 07:42 AM)
userI5f0LTpJ71
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Ok, this is a different question.  We are looking to control a Frame TV with a standard remote, using IR (infrared).   I am NOT asking about using the OneRemote to control other devices, which I know the OneRemote can do.

For reasons I don't need to describe (but see below)  I don't want to use the OneRemote at all.   I want to be able to point a standard remote at the Frame TV to turn it on or off, and to control whether it is in art mode or not.  I don't need to control volume.

Since the OneConnect box is hidden (naturally),  there won't be line-of-sight to send an IR command to the OneConnect box (though I could use an IR repeater).   However, I don't see any information that the OneConnect box can be controlled by IR anyway.

If neither of those works, perhaps it is possible to have an IR remote to turn on/off the power to the TV or to the OneConnect?  That doesn't solve the art on/off problem though.

This is the only issue standing in the way of our going ahead with the Frame TV.

Thank you for any help!

----------

In case you're intested, this is what we're trying to do ...Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 5.38.26 PM.png

13 Replies
usermXvLhhODH2
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
So far I was thinking the IR universal receiver extender. I see where there's no in/ out put for IR on the connect box, but it was mentioned it may be on the TV itself.
0 Likes
userI5f0LTpJ71
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The IR input is on the TV.   There is an IR out on the OneConnect, I believe.   Haven't used it.

0 Likes
userS22fgZrgI3
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Where is the IR sensor located on the Frame TV?  Also, where is the IR sensor located on the OneConnect box?  I need exact measurements or a picture or diagram with arrows pointing out the location of the IR sensor.

I do not have to explain why I want to know this.  Samsung should know the answer as to why.

Samsung should have included a diagram in the manual, pointing out the locations of the IR sensors.

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

I don't care for the stock remote that comes with the frame. Especially because it will not control my Edifier amp. The universal remote feature allows for a very limited number of sound bar manufacturers.

I am using a very old Logitech Harmony 700 remote. Logitech is great at keeping their database up-to-date.

I am able to control my sound, put it in Art Mode, and anything else I need it to do. Using macros, I can do things the Samsung remote will not do, such as switching to Bluetooth headphones with just one click. With the Samsung you have to go through their entire menu including movies and "sponsored content".

0 Likes