Original topic:

Frame TV keeps disconnecting from Wifi

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 9:04 AM)
userHf8LysFOzp
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

My Samsung Frame Model QN65LS03TAFXZA SN <HIDDEN> keeps disconnecting from the Wifi if the TV is inactive for several hours and won't reconnect unless I manually reset the wifi and then reenter the Wifi password all over again or if I pull the power cord out of the back and then put the power cord back in.  I have tried different Wifi networks, manual IP address, updated the software, and read on the internet that many others have had this exact problem and Samsung has not generated a solution?

15 Replies
userDsHjVl7Rhz
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a similar issue with a 55 inch model LSO3T. I have reset my modem/router multiple times, and have reset wifi, manual IP address, etc. Nothing seems to work. Every time the system is off for a few hours it always requires unplugging the system and repowering. It is disappointing.

@userHf8LysFOzp wrote:

My Samsung Frame Model QN65LS03TAFXZA SN <HIDDEN> keeps disconnecting from the Wifi if the TV is inactive for several hours and won't reconnect unless I manually reset the wifi and then reenter the Wifi password all over again or if I pull the power cord out of the back and then put the power cord back in.  I have tried different Wifi networks, manual IP address, updated the software, and read on the internet that many others have had this exact problem and Samsung has not generated a solution?

userxRqh2GHrny
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

This happens to me everyday too! I have another Samsung and same thing. On my other Samsung if I hold the power button down on the remote until it completely restarts and the "Samsung" pops up like a reboot, it works. This is hard to do with the Frame because of the picture screen. 

uservq1tlqSytY
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Has anyone found a solution for this problem it renders tye rv almost unusable and doea th connext box come with some ariel. There seem to be a place for an ariel or antenna but i did not get one

0 Likes
userZNvQVwdS2s
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the 75 (qn75ls03tafxza) . Got it 2 weeks ago. Have had the exact same issues as above, consistently. After an hour or two of innactivity, the TV disconnects from WIFI. I have completely powered down and restarted the TV, unplugged/restarted the WIFI, enterented in the WIFI IP into the TV manually, and the only thing that ever works and connects to the WIFI is when unplug the frame TV or reset my power.

Because I have the One Connect box mounted recess in the wall behind the TV, I have to shut off / turn on my main floor power EVERY time I want to use this TV. 

I am extremely aggrivated/disappointed.

I'm going to reach out to Customer Support in hopes they can offer some sort of solution.

userTADxV5NAcB
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have this same model and it’s drivin me nuts!!! I have a mesh wifi with excellent signal and nothing else in my house has issues.  It is so annoying, I want to send it back. 

dmtolodz
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I had the same problem, but I did a factory reset and it solved it. I think for me, it's related to the SmartThings app on my phone, because as soon as I added the TV back to the app a few weeks after doing the factory reset, the problem came back. Very frustrating!

0 Likes
user0j3m8yKrgd
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Had the exact same problem.. Added a new router behind the AT&T router. No problems now... Better wifi  performance also 

0 Likes
user0j3m8yKrgd
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Replace your wifi router.. Should fix the problem 

0 Likes
usertGFjDdaSjm
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I just purchased a 65” frame TV that is having the same issue. It drops the connection every night and will only reconnect after a power cycle. Unacceptable. Interestingly enough I also have an ATT router. I wonder if that could be part of the issue.