Original topic:

Frame TV red flashing Bluetooth and wifi frustrations

(Topic created on: 4/17/21 1:11 AM)
user3q48RBgw8S
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

model UN65LS003

Here’s the situation: Remote flashing red and unable to connect sporadically. I’ve been using IR remote to control TV and troubleshoot.

When the remote is unable to pair, BT doesn’t show in support->‘about this TV’ and same with wifi. The two seem to disappear together. When attempting to use the smart remote (repeated ‘not available’ messages), the TV often restarts randomly.

The TV connects consistently with Ethernet. When it’s connected in this way it behaves itself for the most part, but still seems to lack BT and wifi sporadically though it doesn’t restart the way it keeps doing when I’m not connected by Ethernet. 

Things I’ve tried: unplugging/plugging power, pairing remote, resetting remote, using remote with other TVs (works perfectly), updating firmware, resetting SVC, replacing wifi/BT module (no change), testing continuity on the cable to main board (ok for each contact disconnected from boards, but who knows - maybe there’s an intermittent short?)

I’d appreciate any help!!

1 Reply
user3q48RBgw8S
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

After using with only infrared remote for a while now, I'm starting to have other issues. Random resets, and internet connectivity not always stable even with ethernet. Also, I've noted that sometimes bluetooth goes while wifi stays. This TV is getting unusable!

0 Likes