cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9Y5AkrHIcw
Constellation

Frequent audio drop outs using Vudu app on Q6FN

I have a 1 week old qn65q6fnafxza with the latest software update - 1153. While using the built-in Vudu app to play UHD titles the audio is frequently dropping out. The video is looks great and doesn't stutter. Only the audio is affected. I don't have problems with UHD content in other apps (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Fandango Now).

The tv has a hard wired connection to my router and my speed test is 72 Mbps down. The frequent audio drop outs happen both when using the tv speakers and when using my Vizio sound bar connected via digital optical cable.

9 REPLIES 9
usercD6bqPq7Ng
Constellation

Re: Frequent audio drop outs using Vudu app on Q6FN

I have the same issue on my new 65inch NU8500. Bought October 1st.  Other users having the  same issue. I have seen posts on Vudu forum. Only happens in VUDU during 4K playback. I am using optical as well and a Vizio soundbar. All other apps at 4k work fine.  Looks like Samsung firmware change did something or Vudu app update. Very annoying last night watching digital Mission Impossible Fallout.

Xcalimus
Constellation

I have a Q8 and Vudu app does the same thing. Resetting/reinstalling App and TV doesn't help the issue. Hoping Vudu and Samsung will fix this soon.
userxNMfDOrdUJ
Astronaut

I just got the 49q6fn and experienced this issue using tow different soundbars;the first one was connected through optical (zvox 580), and the second, sony x900f, throuh hdmi arc. I had watched two movies in 4K , one with the zvox, and the other with the Sony, the movie with the Sony also had atmos, and they both were plagued with sound drops and stuttering. I called vudu and got the biggest run around; first vudu phone support person had me replay the movie I had watched with him on the phone, he wanted to see the time stamp  frame when it started to happen. I started the movie and it took about 5 minutes for the dropping to occur, but he had got up and had left the phone to just disappear, so I hung up.  Calling back, the second phone support person directed me to a vudu speed test site on my computer (connected wifi, while the TV itself is connected by ethernet cable to the second Google mesh pod next to it) and run a speed test. I have 150/10 comcast to my house and then through a google mesh system. The speed going into my house at the modem ( Motorola 8600) registers 172/11 through Google.  Despite having run several speed test already through Xfinity and Speakeasy , which showed an average of 49 down/11 up on the laptop conected by wifi, this site showed 44 down/8 up. She quickly gave me some bull about the "upload speed being too low". I disputed the claim and the vudu speed test results, but she stated that "the vudu speed test is more sensitive than others" and my upload was too slow. This, after Vudu states in thier ads that you need a minimum of 11 Mps down to run a 4K movie and mentions nothing about upload speed.

Long story short, I got fed up and went out and bought the Nvidia Shield streaming device and connected it to the Sony via hdmi and then the Sony connected to the TV via hdmi arc. I connected the ethernet cable to the Shield. Watching a vudu movie in 4k with atmos through the Shield eliminated the sound drops. This problem is obviously with Samsung and Vudu together and it looks that neither are taking it seriously. Vudu support is a big joke. I am drifting towards a Netflix subscription and leaving vudu behind.

I now wish I had looked more closely at the Sony TVs before getting a Samsung.

igfarm
Asteroid

Same problem with my new NU8000. Now if they could only acknowlege there is an issue....

userAAHBirgECy
Astronaut

I contacted Samsung support via Chat. I handed remote access to agent. He reset the "Smart Hub", and it fixed the audio drops on my NU8500 watching vudu movies in UHD! 

useriJTNJEcU81
Constellation

This didnt work for me. Just using my samsung 4k player to stream vudu. That works fine. It's a vudu issue, TV is fine.

userlU6GzpQHMf
Cosmic Ray

Issue is also happening on my '16 K6250 TV while streaming contents from VUDU app. It might be a VUDU app issue.

ItsJustaG2ME
Constellation

I’m having the same issue. Brand new 82” Q6FN, just got it home today. Watched a movie on FireTV and audio drop outs. Started playing on my Xbox One and still Audio drop outs. I even switched it back to using the TV speakers instead of the Optical. Still drop outs. Reset the TV and still drop outs. Reset Smart Hub and still drop outs. Going to call Samsung tomorrow. 

userLUDy6BJ2X9
Astronaut

I have the same exact problem with the same model TV, they have addressed the problem with a new firmware update of 1202.3 released on Dec. 20th..... the problem is they didnt release it for our tv's, literally every other QLED has been updated. Unexceptable, I have an $1,800 QLED that doesnt work for it's intended purpose, to watch movies in 4k with great sound.