Original topic:

Game mode issues- screen tearing

(Topic created: 01-11-2021 02:08 AM)
WHOTHEMAN
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I got my Q900rb a while before I got my PS5 and made sure I am all set for the "Next Gen" gaming. The tv doesn't seem to have a problem with outputting 4K @ 120Hz, but if I turn on the Game mode which I naturally did to get the lowest input lag, screen starts to tear from the top down. I have tried everything I can but no resolution. My only option has been to set picture mode to anything other than Game Mode. 

Has anyone had the same issue? Can anyone suggest a solution? 

12 Replies
usergz9nIfsFAz
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

+1 from Q95r. Need help as it's ruining the TV gaming experience for which I bought it specifically for. 

userGLhtPFgprY
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the exakt same problem when i put the ps5 in hdmi 4 using game mode. I have the q950r 55 inch. It outputs The 4k 120hz but when i put it into game mode that horizontal "scan"/sync from top to bottom comes every 2 minutes or so. Releasing it from game mode makes that problem dissapear. When i put the ps5 in hdmi 1 for exampel, wich makes the ps5 run at 4k 60hz i have no problem neither in game mode or not. I believe somethin is up with that hdmi 4 port (2.1) and it really needs a fix. I bought this pretty expensive flagship model just to know that you are up to date when it comes to next gen gaming. It ruins the whole experience if you can't use the game mode....

userIQHP3hW9z7
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have been running my PS5 since launch with no problems until 2 days ago, I am now experiencing the screen tearing every few minutes. If game mode is turned off it’s fine but as soon as I have game mode on it starts again. 

is there any update on how/when this will be fixed and is it a Samsung issue or a PS5 issue. What’s confused me further in this is I put in an Xbox series x in to hdmi 4 and it was fine with game mode on.

would appreciate any update or advice. 

WHOTHEMAN
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame
I have spoken with Samsung tech- support, and it seems like they blame the screen tear on the ps5.
we might have to wait for ps5 to(hopefully) activate Freesync or VRR such might help with this issue.
for now, your best bet is to unlock the two extra Pic modes, CAL-DAY & CAL-NIGHT. then go through the picture settings and disable all picture processings as they would increase the input lag.
good luck
userDZueknsBW3
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Omg finally someone with the same issue as me! I have the Samsung q950r, had a Samsung engineer come out, replaced the board in the one connect and still no fix. Could it be software related? Also sometimes when I start my ps5, no sound comes through so I have to restart it.

WHOTHEMAN
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame
Hopefully when they update the ps5 to support VRR, we can turn on the FREESYNC and that should resolve the horizontal tare on the screen. I have had the same sounds issue. I change the sound output and back; that has solved the issue for my soundbar
Snakeyduuz
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi guys, I’m experiencing the same issue too. 

I have a 2019 75-inch 8K Q900R. When I connect my PS5 via HDMI port 1 I have no problems, however when I use HDMI port 4 (the 2.1 port) my screen tears every couple of minutes. 

Turning on Basic or Ultimate Freesync doesn’t help. 

I purchased Belkin and Zeskit Ultra HD cables but that didn’t reduce the tearing. 

Turning the PS5 4K Video Transfer Rate down to -1 fixes the issue, however the chroma drops from RGB to 422.

I was really hoping that the April 21 PS5 update would fix the issue, but it didn’t. 

Fingers crossed that Samsung and PS5 could work together to get this sorted asap.

alexlee808
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
I have the same exact tv and have had the same problem. Hoping for a fix soon. Turning 4k transfer rate to -2 it seem like makes ps4 games such as warzone look better to me and solves the problem. But makes ps5 game such as cold war look worse so I just deal with it when playing ps5 games.
userwgEZE7n49n
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung! Please sort this out,  It is NOT a problem with the PS5 but your TV's HDMI 2.1 port. Lowering the video transfer rate is not a solution as it lowers the PQ. It would be a shame having HDMI 2.1 and can't even use it on a flagship TV!

0 Likes