cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Game mode turns on and off randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear you. I switched out the HDMI cables as well .one of them it started doing it that afternoon and the next few days so I swapped it out with another one .so far so good. It's been about 4 or 5 days .So.... I don't want to say I've solved it for sure until I wait a little longer. I will keep posting updates. But try switching out for more canles. FYI the one it seems to be working on is an old monster HDMI I cable I've had for a few years .

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay guys so I'm on week 2 of new HDMI cable. I have to say that my issue seems to be fixed. It hasn't turned off on me yet. I will try to tax the TV with another game it used to do it before. Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I know that It did it with the recent game I'm playing which is Mortal Kombat 11 and it hasn't happened yet. I will keep updauting you guys, but try different hdmi cables . I have a monster HDMI cable, the plugs are gold plated. Let me know if anyone else can confirm a fix as well.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, i'm using a normal HDMI cable that i bought from a electronics store, the HDMI cable was then connected from the samsung TV for my PS4. after using for many months.. today the samsung TV keep showing Game mode turn on and off randomly. Therefore i replaced it with another HDMI cable that come with my PS4.. everything is ok now.. (i will update if the issue come back) 99% is HDMI issueSmiley Happy 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only way I have got around this is by turning off the auto switch from game to tv mode.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So why does this thread/issue say it's resolved when clearly it's not? or is it just SoP when a mod replies with a suggestion and then says it resolved?

Clearly there are many Samsung owner's different models, screen sizes all having the same issue..there are other threads people reporting the same problem.

Spending $50 on cables didn't work.

I tried taking game mode off auto to "ON", No Joy! Then to the "OFF" position, again No Joy.

This is either a hardware or software issue. Don't waste you money on replacing good HDMI cables.

It would be nice if Samsung could just tell us what the problem is.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to go in and change the resolution for the game. Only thing that fixed it for me. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On your ps4 go to 

Settings/sound and screen/video output/resolution and change to 2160p

This fixed me as it would switch to game mode off the on non stop

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry

Change to 2160p - RGB

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for sharing!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to the menu and went to external device settings and turned off the ANYNET option and also turned off game mode settings and it seemed to work better and didn't flicker as much and the screen stopped flashing game mode on and game mode off. 
I still say it's a glitch in the Samsung software but the screen now only blinks sometimes when we are in the menu of a game but it doesn't blink when we are playing the game. We are playing Mario and Sonic Olympics and this is the game I tested this fix on. Good luck