cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkdSzMUEUZu
Constellation

Getting No Sound On Many DIRECTV NOW Channels On My Q7F Smart TV (65")

I love everything else about my new Samsung QN65Q7FNAF 65" Smart TV, EXCEPT I have one major problem:

I’m getting NO SOUND on about 33% of my Smart Hub “DirecTV NOW” channels.

For example, no sound on these channels:

Hallmark, Animal Planet, WeatherCH, Olympic, A&E, and many more.

What’s very strange is that I’m getting sound on only 1 of my 4 Local Channels (zip=31522):

ABC/WJXX: Good Sound

CBS/WJAX: NO SOUND

FOX/WFOX: NO SOUND

NBC/WTLV: NO SOUND

No Sound on CBS is very painful; I look so fwd to watching The Masters in April that is on CBS.

Fortunately, I am getting sound on all the ESPN’s and The Golf Channel.

This problem occurs if I’m on TV SPEAKERS or HDMI(ARC) to my H.T.

IMPORTANT:

I have another TV in the house with a ROKU PREMIERE+ connected to the same DirecTV NOW account, and ALL THE CHANNELS HAVE GOOD SOUND. NO PROBLEMS, so it’s definitely a problem with my Samsung Smart TV app.

Samsung, PLEASE investigate and fix this for me. It’s terrible!

= = = = = =

My Setup:

SMART TV: QN65Q7FNAF 65" (rec. 1-22-19)

...Support screen says: Current version: 1153 (no update needed)

DIRECTV NOW: Subscribed 1-16-19 “GO-BIG” Plan (105+ch)

...The DirecTV Apps says: updated 12-21-18, version: 1.10.2

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Getting No Sound On Many DIRECTV NOW Channels On My Q7F Smart TV (65")

Are you experiencing these symptoms with any other apps? If you hook the Roku box to the TV do all the channels still provide sound on the Roku?

userkdSzMUEUZu
Constellation

No, this NO SOUND problem on many DirecTV NOW app channels occurs **ONLY** with the DirecTV NOW Samsung TV app. I tried to Reinstall this app, but that didn't help - it still says: updated 12-21-18, version: 1.10.2.

As I said above, I run the same DirecTV NOW logon on a smaller Visio TV in the living room which is connected through a ROKO PREMIERE+ streamer. ALL DirecTV NOW channels' sound is Perfect when going through the ROKU.

This problem is most definitely a problem with the DirecTV NOW app installed on my 2018 65" Samsung Q7F TV.

BTW, I chatted with a DirecTV NOW CustSvc rep 2 days ago, and she said DirecTV NOW is aware of the problem and working on a fix that will be sent to Samsung for install on Samsung Smart TV's. When, she couldn't say.

If you would, please check on this and confirm that between Samsung & DirecTV NOW, this very bad problem will be fixed soon. Thank you.

userkdSzMUEUZu
Constellation

re: "Are you experiencing these symptoms with any other apps? If you hook the Roku box to the TV do all the channels still provide sound on the Roku?" YES, everything works PERFECT when using a ROKU (Premier+) on my DirecTV NOW account. But, using the DirecTV NOW App on my 2018 Q7 Samsung Smart TV, about 1/2 of the channels have no sound. Also, when you record a show (using Samsung DirecTV NOW app), it won't play back - it says, "Problem, try again later). Everything works PERFECT using a Roku Premier+. PLEASE, Samsung & DirecTV NOW, fix the Samsung TV 2018 DIRECTV NOW app!!!! This has gone on long enough!!
ChrisC15
Constellation

Noticed the same issue today. I don't know how long it's been a problem because I only watch sports on it occasionally, but it wasn't an issue before. I looked up the issue and apparently DirecTV is aware of the issue and is working on a fix, but like you said, no timeline for when it will be sent out