cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Google Assistant on 2020 Q80t

Hi

i got my TV yesterday and given its now Q4, expected my new tv to have the Google Assistant.

As instructed here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087603/

i tried to update the firmware over the air - no update available. I have now updated with USB to version: 01402.2020-09-24 and stil only Alexa and Bixby.

any assistance is appreciated.

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Google Assistant on 2020 Q80t

I would be happy to look into this.  Could you provide the full model of the television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am having the same issue, where i just purchased a new QN55Q80T and google assistant is not an option i can select as a voice assistant.    Full model code is qn55q80Tafxzc

Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If toy go to Settings > General > Voice > Voice Assistant, you should see either Google Assistant or MIME-Version 1.0. If you see MIME-Version 1.0, press and hold the Power button on the remote until the TV turns off and back on again. Go back to the Voice Assistant settings and Google Assistant should have replaced the MIME-Version 1.0.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.