cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

HBO Max 4K HDR

With the recent announcement that HBO Max is going to offer 4K HDR content later this year, does anyone know if that will be supported by the HBO Max app used directly from the Samsung App Store/Tizen? The press release mentioned Apple TV, Firestick, etc... but no smart TV's. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HBO Max 4K HDR

The HBO Max app is available on TVs made in 2016 and newer. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Yes, thank you.

But is streaming in 4K HDR going to be available through the app if I am watching directly through my SamsungTV and not a third party streaming device.

Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

As long as the TV has the capability yes. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I'm sorry, but that doesn't remotely answer the OP's question.

The ability to stream 4k content is dependant on the HBO Mac app being updated on samsung tvs. Is the app going to be I be updated has it already?

Does anyone know version numbers we can check for? 

Constellation

Definitely don't hope for any help from Samsung bc they are literally useless and have by far the worst customer service/experience that I've ever had to deal with.