Original topic:

HDMI 2.1 Port (HDMI 4) on Q80T Disconnects in Xbox Series X and PS5

(Topic created on: 4/7/21 9:35 AM)
AzurePaladin77
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi, 

I have been having a problem with my 65" Q80T Samsung QLED TV with the HDMI 4 port and it has persisted for the entire 7 months I've owned the TV. The problem is in Xbox Series X when closing a game or app through their menus or switching apps it will sometimes disconnect my HDMI source and I will have to reboot the consoles to get a connection again. I have tried altering every setting that I have found recommended such as VRR off and PC RGB Color Space and have tried different 2.1 cords. I have had the mainboard replaced once (actually due to another problem I was having) and the problem still persists. Any assistance with this would be much appreciated. 

1 Reply
AzurePaladin77
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Ok I think I've found the problem. It disconnects only when switching for the 4th or 5th time to another game or app after leaving HDR mode. So for example if I load up the game "Limbo" that does not use HDR I can open and close that and any other non-HDR game as many times as I want with no problem. However, when I open "Call of Duty: Cold War" and then close it and open another program that pulls me out of HDR and after the 4th or 5th time the HDMI 4 port will switch to disconnected and I either have to unplug the cord and plug it back in or restart my Xbox. Part of the problem is that Xbox doesn't use 4K HDR for their UI so the Samsung TV enters a HDR state whenever a HDR game loads up and exits that state when the game closes. The closing of the HDR state is what seems to "overload" the TV after the 4th or 5th HDR game/app opening and closing. This only happens on the HDMI 2.1 port (port 4 on the TV). I'm not sure what I can do about the problem until maybe it is patched with firmware? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. 

0 Likes